31. "Do you want to spend time with me?"

(A/N:- I advise you to listen to the song I put up while reading. Comment "donuts" if you did!)

-x-

It was strange how I never had noticed how ridiculously gorgeous Cage was, until I saw him walk into my sight; his dark brown hair ruffled by the rough wind, and his eyes almost gleaming in the light. It had been a month since I had last seen him; and if it was possible for someone to grow three thousand times hotter in a span of just one month, it had happened with Cage.

The weather this evening was surprisingly beautiful- sunlight was creeping through the dark grey clouds that hung above us, a sharp breeze sweeping across the land. I had worked on my appearance for one of the first times- I was wearing a light summer dress with my hair down. I probably looked foolish- like a little girl trying to impress the guy she likes. The wind bit at my hair as I sat still on the bench, staring at the mint sandals on my feet, my heart beating fast. 

And then I looked up, and was graced by the sight of Cage Alexander walking towards me, with an unreadable expression on his face. Our eyes met and my lips quirked up automatically, butterflies erupting in my stomach. 

He smiled shyly back at me (which is such an adorable sight to see), and I watched him walk closer and closer towards me. His fashion sense was almost better than mine. He was wearing a white shirt with the top buttons unbuttoned along with a pair of jeans, a denim jacket slung over his arm. He looked too dressed up for the mall, so I assumed he was coming from somewhere, or maybe going.

I was guessing he was surprised by how I looked too, because his eyes were fixed on me. I stood up as he neared, nervousness buzzing inside me.

"Hey..." Cage breathed softly, as he reached out and touched a loose lock of my hair. "Shit, is this real or am I dreaming?  I can't believe I forgot how pretty you were."

He said things like this a lot even before, but now they made a much bigger impact on me. My stomach erupted into butterflies again and I blushed, biting my lip, before glancing back up at him. 

"How are you?" he asked me, his eyes not breaking eye contact with mine.

"I'm good," I lied. "And you?"

"Not too great," Cage responded, sitting down on the bench next to me. "This exam stress is killing me. In just a week, we'll be writing the exams that are going to define our lives, and in a month, we'll be off to college."

"Don't scare me," I laughed slightly. He smiled too, and there was an awkward silence. He stared out at the lawn in front of us. There was this huge tension between us; especially because we kissed. That kiss didn't exactly bring out pleasant memories though, because of what had happened after.

"Sooo," I drawled out, leaning forward, swinging my feet. "How's Maya?"

He turned to face me, a small smirk on his face. "You saw that Facebook post."

I shrugged lightly, trying to not sound bothered or jealous. "Yeah, it popped up on my feed. I wasn't really expecting it either."

Cage rolled his eyes, the smile still on his face. "Well, it was also deleted three hours after it was posted. Would you like to know why?"

"Yeah, I would," I looked at him, trying very hard to not roll my eyes.

"Because Maya's little friends stole my phone and posted it," he ran a hand through his hair. I tried not to stare at how well defined his arm muscles looked through his white sleeves, as he stretched. "That picture is pretty old. You have no idea how annoyed I was when I found out."