5. "You Talk A Lot."

-x-

Kit Dawson's POV

He stepped into the elevator and my heart beat wildly in my chest.

Would he recognize me? 

He smiled crookedly, before brushing his bangs out of his eyes. There was silence as we just stared at each other- my breath heavy and panicky- while he just looked very... amused.

The elevator doors smoothly shut and the elevator began to slowly move, elevator music filling the awkwardness.

"Hey," he finally said, smiling at me. His back was pressed against one side of the lift, his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Everything about him screamed confident, while I probably looked like a dorky nervous mess. Especially since I wasn't wearing my contact lenses and had my glasses on, which just added to the whole nerd affect.

Did I care?

Uh. OBVIOUSLY.

"Um," I responded, lowering my gaze, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Hey?"

I saw the corners of his lips lift into a boyyish smirk and I sucked in my breath. When would the elevator reach the ground floor?! I was dying in there.

"You know who I am, don't you, Kit?" he asked with a smirk, and I rolled my eyes, annoyed. "No," I replied flatly. I saw the smirk on his face widen, aggravating me even more.

"You're just as grumpy as I thought you were," he informed me. "But prettier."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why are you such a stalker?" I scowled. "Stop following me everywhere-"

The elevator stopped and the doors opened to the ground floor. I let out a relieved sigh before I walked out of it- with that Cupid guy following me.

"Hey, come on," he said, falling in pace beside me- but he was walking backwards so he could face me while we walked. "Can't you be nice to your soulmate?"

"What?" I snapped. He pursed his lips together to stop a smile and I groaned.

 "Oh my god, don't tell me those annoying fangirls of yours convinced you that we're soulmates or something," My voice was laced with annoyance. "My Instagram is blowing up with their useless comments. I don't even know your freaking name! AND WHY ARE YOUR FANGIRLS SO CONVINCED THAT WE'RE SOULMATES?!"

Many shoppers around us turned to look at me as I yelled, but I didn't give a crap.

He was still watching me with a small amused smile on his face, before I crossed my hands over my chest and let out an annoyed huff. "You know what, you're just so annoying. This doesn't even affect me. I'm so done with this, and with you."

"It obviously affects you," he finally said, calmly. "I mean, why else would you go this crazy over something so small? Oh, and since you were wondering, my name's Cage." He paused before jabbing me in my shoulder playfully. "Don't tell my followers this, I like to read their guesses on what my name is."

I scowled, rubbing my arm where he had lightly shoved me. "I'm not going crazy over something small.  I don't even like you in any way possible. That's what makes it so big."

He raised his eyebrows in amusement. "You talk a lot."

I narrowed my eyes at him, frustrated that he wasn't even listening to what I was saying, before I pushed past him and walked faster. He of course, didn't let me leave so easily. Grinning, he hurried to catch up with me.

He swung his jacket over one shoulder and his other hand was pushed into his pocket. There was silence as we both just continued walking (I had no idea where I was going). I couldn't help but admit that he actually was pretty attractive. I mean, ugh. If he wasn't so cocky and annoying, he actually would be a pretty cool guy.