33. "You're very pretty. Just in case you didn't know."

a/n:- listen to the song i put up while you read! <3 BTW I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER AND ALSO IT'S 2 AM AND I'VE HAD TWO SUGAR DONUTS SHIT

-x-

"Is this his house?"

I frowned at Gabby's question, peering at the screen of my cellphone which was lit up with the Google Maps app. We were currently sitting in her car (because my best friend is the best, she actually made Jason wait for her in her house while she put their date on hold just so she could drop me to Cage's house). The address he had texted me had shown that he lived on the wealthy side of town, one of the largest houses in this place. We were parked in front of a pretty, Victorian mansion with a trimmed lawn. There was even an excited Corgi prancing around the yard, barking at us.

"I think..." I mumbled, unsure. "Should I go and knock? He's not answering his phone."

"Yeah, maybe you should," Gabby gave me one of her smirks. "Have fun, Kit. Text me all about it when you get home."

I rolled my eyes at her, biting back a smile. "Of course."

I got out of her car, and nervously walked towards their front door. The dog basically attacked me as I walked in, it's tail wagging furiously. I leaned down, to pet it for a while and felt around it's collar to find a name tag. I didn't know Cage had a dog.

"Cage calls you Aphrodite, huh?" I laughed as I read it. "The name suits you."

The corgi just watched me cutely, as I pet her once again before I walked towards the door. Aphrodite followed me curiously, and I hesitated before I rang the doorbell once.

My heart was literally palpitating. I was meeting his family. This was important. What if his aunt and sister didn't like me?

I heard the sound of the door knob being turned from the inside and I sucked in my breath. The door swung open and a brunette girl was staring back at me. She was incredibly pretty for her age, she looked around twelve years old. Her brown hair and blue eyes were literally the same as her brother's and I bit my lip, nervously. She just looked curiously at me, as Aphrodite bounded into the house, still barking crazily.

"Uh, hi..." I began awkwardly. "Is Cage home?"

Her face broke into a smile. "Oh my god. You're Kirstin."

I faltered for a second, wondering how she knew me but she ushered me into the house, excitedly. "Hi, oh my god! It's so great that I finally get to meet you!" she giggled, looking at me through awed, glowing eyes. "I love your hair, you're so pretty!"

I didn't really know how to react, so I just laughed nervously. "Thank you, but you're way prettier! You're Cage's sister, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I'm Alexa," she beamed at my compliment, leading me through the hallway and into the living room. The house was absolutely gorgeous and richly furnished and made me feel all tingly inside. Was this the sort of house Cage came from? Well, then. I suddenly felt slightly under dressed in my torn jeans and red flannel.

"Cage is upstairs, I'll go and call him," Alexa informed me. She looked excited as she disappeared up the grand, marble staircase and I sat there on the chair, my heart beating like crazy in my chest. Aphrodite came running back to me, a toy in her mouth as she looked up at me expectantly. I grinned at the friendliness of this dog before I took the toy and threw it a little far away. She ran after it and brought it back in seconds, waiting for me to throw it again.

I was in love with this adorable creature.

Laughing, I got to the floor on my knees, ruffling the dog's beautiful fur as she licked me excitedly and I was completely unaware of somebody else's presence walking into the room.