First Day

December 12, 1976

Elaisa's POV

As I planned we just arrived at Hogwarts' famous lake. There are still a few hours until breakfast when they will announce our arrival, as Headmaster Dumbledore informed us. Right now I can't stop gapping at Hogwarts. It is even more beautiful than I thought. I wish I had spent those three years here. The sunrise is awesome. We don't have such a thing in Bulgaria. There is mostly snow, ice, dark and cold. Dear Lord, I am so jealous right now.

The clock rings 8 o'clock. It's time. Time to meet my brothers. Professor McGonagall lead us threw the grounds to the Great Hall and told us to wait outside. Behind the door, I could hear Dumbledore giving his speech. Suddenly the doors swung open and we fill the Hall. Everyone is staring at us, or most likely, at me as I am the only girl to ever attend Durmstrang. Lucky me!

As everyone was making their way toward the seats they liked, I stayed in the middle of the Hall, all alone, looking around like a lost puppet. The Hall started whispering "Is she ok?" "Is she looking for something?" "She is beautiful". I wanted to move but I was frozen until McGonagall approached me. "Everything quite alright my dear?". I was taken aback. No one has ever called me that. I took a deep breath and found the strength to answer. "I am alright. just searching for my brothers. They attend Hogwarts". My voice was something more than a whisper but McGonagal still managed to hear me. "And they might be?". I took a shaking breath. "Sirius and Regulus Black". McGonagall looked thunderstricken, Dumbledore raised from his seat, the Great Hall was suddenly silenced and I felt a lot of eyes piercing the back of my head. "How does she know them?" "What does she want with them?" Obviously they hadn't heard the first part. Dumbledore started coming my way and led me out of the Great Hall and into his office.

I sensed someone behind me but I didn't bother. "What do you want with the Black brothers? How do you know them?" Dumbledore asked me. "They are my brothers, headmaster. Can you just take me to them? I haven't seen them in ages and I miss them." The old man looked me in the eyes like he was searching my soul. Good luck with that, I thought. Not even a small part of my soul remains in my body. We stayed like that for a minute or two, staring into each other's eyes. "What is your name? How come we have never heard of you before?" McGonagall asked. "My name is Elaisa Black, the youngest Black. When I was five, my mother decided that she didn't want to deal with a failure like me, so she gave me away hoping that I would become worthy of the Black name if I grew up with someone even stricter". They both were shocked to death. "If you don't believe me you can ask my brothers. I am sure they'll tell you-" but Dumbledore caught me midsentence. "I am afraid that none of your brothers has ever mentioned having a sister to anyone". Tears start forming in my eyes. I took a few steps backwards "That's not true. They would never forget me". My voice was shaking. "I am sorry Elaisa" "No! You are lying. This is a terrible joke, isn't it? Sirius always loved pranks. Mother was pissed every time. that's the only explanation" "Elaisa, I am sorry"

Just then headmaster Leadwolf entered the office. "What is all this about Black?". I didn't acknowledge his presence and I kept yelling at Dumbledore. "I managed to remember them after a memory charm and you are telling me that they just forget about my existence?!". I felt something hot on my cheek and heard many gasps. Leadwolf had slapped me. "How dare you talk like that to the Hogwarts' Headmaster, our host? Someone would wonder if we ever taught you some manners!". I lowered my head. "I apologize headmaster Dumbledore, sir. I lost my temper." Leadwolf looked disgusted. I saw McGonagall opening her mouth but my headmaster kept screaming. "Are those tears in your eyes? What have you been taught about them?". I felt my body turning into a small ball in front of his gaze. "Crying is a weakness. A pureblood doesn't cry and a Black doesn't feel" "That's not a way to raise a child!" The woman next to Dumbledore was shouting and I bet the whole school heard her. "With all respect McGonagall, I don't have to be answerable to you on how I treat my students". McGonagall's eyes shined in fury "You will as long you are under my roof. That girl has spent years away from her beloved ones only to find out that they have forgotten about her. I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that she can show some emotion!"

Leadwolf thought for a moment and then turned to me. "So that's what all is about. You want to meet your siblings. Well, listen to me carefully kid. Be grateful that memory charm didn't wipe them off, 'cause there is no way in Hell I am letting you even approach them. I might agree to bring you here after the de Vil's death, but I am strictly instructed to not let you affect the Black brothers any further. You have two minutes to think of another last name". I tried to protest but Dumbledore beat me. "Leadwolf is right Elaisa. You can't let anyone know you are a Black". My jaw dropped."Albus! You can't be serious!" McGonagall defended me. "I am afraid I am". I shook my head and run away from there. I couldn't stand it. I run and run along the corridors till I found an empty cupboard and got in. I sat down and started crying my eyes out. Suddenly the door opened and someone sat beside me. He put an arm around my shoulders and I cried into his chest