The Match

Coming back to Hogwarts wasn't easy. Sharing a room with Regulus wasn't easy. Back in the home he would stay locked away in his room. But now... Thank God, Elaisa would crush in their dorm almost all day, every day to defend the tension.

For the first time in his life, he was excited about lessons. Lessons and Quidditch were the only time he had away from him. Using the upcoming game and the authority he had as quidditch captain, he had planned practices as often and as long as he could.

Regulus was practicing for many hours too. Thankfully he hadn't switched teams. He was still playing for Slytherin. That meant that they both a lot of time out of the dorm. But as time passed James was getting even more nervous about the Match. He was starting to realize that he was about to compete against Regulus.

That wasn't gonna end well. James knew that. He wanted to make it up to Reggie. He tried constantly to get him on his own and talk to him, and explain himself. But he was never alone anymore and if he was, Regulus was very good at avoiding him constantly. Now James believed that if he did his best in the match, it would only make things worse for them.

Regulus, on the other hand, was very impatient. He couldn't wait to fly on his broom like the pro he was and roast James Potter on his own game. Be had played against him before and knew his tactic. Regulus was very observant. Now he had one more reason to crush that little, pathetic excuse of a friend, under the ground.
But could he?
Yes, he was disgusted by him and he had hurt him deeply. But he was still James the hair Potter, the boy he had fallen for, the boy that changed his life multiple times. He wanted so much to squeeze that filthy cockroach but he couldn't trust himself that he won't melt once he met those hazel-brown eyes.
Damn, he was screwed.

"James, you need to calm down"

"Don't tell me to calm down! How am I supposed to calm down? I am playing against Regulus"

"Yeah! You have beaten him before. You got it"

"That's the problem! I don't know if I should beat him or let him win. And even if I decide to play seriously - don't you dare to do a pun - I don't know if I'll be able to compose myself on the field"

Elaisa laughed. He was obviously nervous and anxious. And he was rumbling unstoppably. It was hilarious.

"Yiu are thinking too much, live. Once you get up there your head will be empty. No reason to overdo yourself. Besides, you are the team's captain. You have some responsibilities"

"Exactly! Ugh! Everything is so complicated when it comes to you Blacks"

"It's not the family. Is the feeling. Love is what makes everything so complicated"

"I still don't know what to do though!"

She hugged him and rubbed his shoulders. "For now, you only have to relax and it will come to you. In a minute or two the locker room will be full of boys ready to smash the snakes. If their captain is worried over a boy, you will never win"

For the first time in ten minutes of panicking, James breathed properly. And just then the Gryffindor team rushed into the room, already in their team robes, all of them too excited to wait, for the captain's prep talk.

"I'll let you to it" she whispered in James's ear and left to find a sit. She was planning on meeting Regulus too but James was way too dangerous for himself and the others to be left alone (again with the Black's drama) and the game was about to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Regulus you need to eat something. The Match is about to begin and you look like you haven't slept in days"