Moon Sisters

The Slytherins entered the dungeon almost an hour after the party had started. It wasn't hard to tell that each of them was more or less drunk. But no one questioned it. They were drunk themselves anyway. They danced, they drank a bit more, sang (embarrassing themselves by doing so, of course) and got to be kids for a few hours. No parents, no Order, no Dark Lord, no missions. Just fun and alcohol.

At some point, Kai disappeared hand in hand with a Hufflepuff girl and the Addams brothers retired to their dorm. In quidditch team tried to be as unnoticed as possible. Except for Jacob. He was in the middle of the party, swallowing shot after shot. God, he was so pissed

It was rather late and Regulus headed to his Slytherin dorm, too tired to walk to the Gryffindor Tower. Someone grabbed him from behind and spun him around.

"What do you want?"

"I want to explain myself"

"There is nothing to explain. You made your point. You are a seductive prick that doesn't deserve anything"

"I am sorry! I just wanted to get your attention"

"Well, you got it in the worst way"

Regulus freed his arm and started walking.

"I have a sister"

Regulus stopped on his truck feeling the alcohol suddenly leaving his veins.

"She was born six years ago but last year, she disappeared. The Aurors weren't able to find her. In a few days she will be announced dead" he sniffed

"Fuck" Regulus breathed and he rushed to hug James. He broke into tears.

"I am so sorry James. I really am. But I don't know what to tell to comfort you" He kissed James's head

"You are so lucky you got your sister back"

"You'll get yours too"

"YOU HAVE A SISTER?!"

They broke apart.

"Yes. I do"

"What happened to her? *

"She disappeared last year"

"What is her name?"

"Luna. She was born on a blood moon"

"That's cute"

"WAIT! White hair and purple eyes?"

"Yes. How do you know?"

Elaisa's eyes widened.

"Iza, what is it?"

But before she could answer she started running. James was left alone confused as Regulus rushed behind his sister.

"Elaisa! What happened? What are you doing up here?"

"This is the only place where you can see the stars so clearly. There is Sirius bright as ever, and there is Regulus, only visible when Sirius is out of the picture, but it is still there, you know?"

"Why are you telling me that?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Right. Sorry. I bet you already know all this. Do you know where my star is?"

He was left staring at the dark sky, eyebrows narrowed.

"You won't find it up there. I don't have a star. Or a constellation. Mg name means 'The God has sworn'. I was born on a blue moon. I and Luna are something like the moon sister. I met her once. Such a sweet girl"

"Wait, you know her?"

"I do . And I know where to find her"

"Elaisa, you have to tell James"

"No. I don't. She knew that eventually, I would meet her brother. She asked me to make sure he never knew what she was until she knew how to control it"

"What are you talking about? I don't understand"

"She is the daughter of the moon. She has some powers that she is too young to understand"

"What kind of powers? I don't follow"

She smiled

"I didn't expect you to. I am sorry. I am but I have already told more than I should"

Regulus hugged her from behind and kissed her shoulder

"It's ok darling. But you have to tell him that she is alive. I would lose my mind if I didn't know if I'll see you again"

Elaisa turned around and wrapped her hands around his neck

"You love him, don't you?"

"I don't see how this is relevant"

She laughed

"Of course it is relevant! Now, tell me. Do you love him?"

Regulus stared down at her eyes. He smiled at himself. Her eyes weren't grey anymore. They were a very bright blue. Brighter than Sirius', he dared to say. After all, Elaisa was happy. Maybe it wasn't because of him. Maybe it was Sirius, Remus, or James that made her so happy. But he didn't care. She was happy and that was all that mattered to him.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like that!"

He kissed her forehead

"I am smiling because you are finally happy"

"And what about your happiness, brother?"

"I am happy just by seeing you happy"

"Bullshit! You are happy when you are with James"

He blushed

"I noticed your eyes. They were full of love. Reg, don't let this fly off you. If you love him do something about it"

"I-I can't"

"Why not?"

"You know why! Elaisa, don't do this more difficult than it already is!"

"Why is it difficult?"

"Stop pretending you don't know what I am talking about! I love how we are living in this weird bubble and like we are out of reach but it's not like that. You know it as well as I do"

"Then live it as long as you fucking can"

"How am I supposed to look him in the eye? How am I supposed to touch him, kiss him, tell him that I love him when we have this bloody mission?"

"You just stop thinking about it! Don't think about what will happen or what have you done. Just live in the present!"

"How am I supposed to do that?!"

"Have you ever used an unforgivable?"

"You know I have"

"To someone you know. To someone you used to share notes or eat together?"

...

"No"

"Well, I have. After that, we would eat together, again. 'Cause we both knew that we did what was necessary to survive"

"He is not a Durmstrang student, Iza. He won't see it like that. He'll take it as a betrayal"

"Then he doesn't deserve you"

He neared her once again

"Elaisa-" he breathed

She cupped his cheeks

"Reggie, please listen to me. You deserve to be happy. I want you to be happy. Actually, I demand you to be happy. Do you understand?"

He let a half laugh

"What have I done to deserve you, Elaisa?"

"Everything. What have I done to have you as a brother, Regulus?"

Regulus hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head

"I love you, sis"

"I love you too, Reggie"