Returning Home

Everyone came up on board. Sirius sat by the window while hugging Cecelia and having Artemius sleep against his chest. Opposite of him Remus had Elaisa in his arms as he was reading a book. Next to them, Lily was reading too. James was on her other side mesmerized by the little rascal in Sirius' arms. Peter was sitting on the floor, head near James' legs, playing with his cards. Soon everyone fell asleep, unaware of the chaos taking place in a specific Slytherin compartment.

"This is not the way to deal with your problems!"

"It is not your business how I choose to deal with my problems!"

"Yes, it is! You are our best friend. Our brother to everything but blood. We already lost Evan. I am not losing you too"

"It is not like I am gonna die"

"You could. You could bleed to death!"

"I am not gonna let that happen. You know that"

"Do we?"

Silence.

Stares are exchanged.

The door opens.

Snape.

"What do you want?"

"I am here to talk, Black"

"About?"

"Artemius"

"There is nothing to talk about"

"There is a hell of a lot to talk about. Alone"

Silence.

Wands at ready.

"Dora, Barty, out" Regulus ordered. They obeyed.

"The kid must be handed to your mother"

"He is a baby. He needs his parents, his mother. He has nothing to do with the war"

"He has everything to do with this was and if you are not seeing this, you are a fool"

"I am not gonna help you kidnap my nephew"

"Dark Lord's orders. Is this, or the infant's death"

"You are sick"

"Watch your mouth, young Black. These are your Lord's orders"

"He is sick too!" Regulus snapped "Voldermort is sick and if you are not seeing that, you are the fool. And yes, I dare to speak his name. And you know what? It is not even his real name. It is Tom Marvolo Riddle and he is a halfblood. How does that sound to you?"

Silence.

Consideration.

"It... sounds like... you are going mad, Regulus"

"Probably!"