Barriers

Third person POV

Once we were all calm and in joyful mode, Regulus thought that that was his cue to leave. Elaisa had given him a few of the information he was seeking for his Lord, so he would be able to report something, after all. He kissed his little sister on the top of the head goodbye and made no noise, not wanting to wake up James' parents, he left the house and returned to Grimmauld Place. His face dropped once he faced his front door. What was he doing? He had left the only place where he was loved, the place where Elaisa was, to be in that pathetic excuse of a family that he hated and was hated in. But, he was doing it to protect Elaisa from the darkness in her. And he knew that the only way to save Elaisa's soul was to let Sirius remind her of the hidden light in her. He had to let her go.

When he was with her he felt safe and loved. But he noticed that his sister wasn't the same joyful, lovely, and kind little girl he remembered fondly. She had changed in a way he wouldn't believe that his sister could. She was drowned in the darkness, brainwashed from all these years alone with the De Vils, and in Durmstrang. Merlin, he hoped against hope that Sirius will manage to save her before it is too late. Thank God that his parents had decided last minute to not show up or all the three Blacks would be as good as dead by the end of the night. And that is something Regulus could not let happen. If one of them is meant to die, then he had to make sure it was he was the one. Because he loved his siblings and he could never forgive himself if something, anything happened to him on his watch.

Back to the Potters, the kids had returned to their separate rooms and tried to get some sleep before they had to start the day. Elaisa slept easily, exhausted from her nightmare, but longing for her brother's touch. Sirius was pacing in his room wondering 'How did Eli know about Mr Wilson? Not even I remembered that stupid bear's name! She said it was a memory but she couldn't have been there. No one else was. Was it? And why did she dance with him in the first place?' Remus had another way to deal with his questions. Back against his mattress, staring at his sealing. 'Why is Elaisa so fond of the Blacks? Sleeping in the same bed, being able to calm her down, not being afraid to face Sirius' mother, and knowing so many things about their childhood? Was she a legilimens or something? James on the other hand slept right away with a huge smile on his face, happy that finally, his newest best friend was happy.

The days passed by like every holiday at the Potters' household. Laughter, warmth, and love are everywhere and for everyone. Remus left for his home on New Year's Day after he had to stay awake all night talking and playing games with his friends.

The harmony and happiness broke when a few days before their return to Hogwarts, Elaisa got a letter that caused her face to drop and the whole atmosphere changed. "What is it?" Sirius asked seriously (please don't hate me) "It is my... first week back program" James seemed to understand and his eyes widened. He stretched his arm out and Elaisa handed him the letter. He started reading making sure that no one else could read it over his shoulder. His eyes wandered to the paper.

'Monday 10, 1977: Dueling Sirius Orion Black 6th Year

Wednesday 12, 1977: Poisoning James Fleamont Potter 6th Year

Friday 14, 1977: Torturing Remus John Lupin 6th Year

Sunday 16, 1977: Hexing Regulus Arcturus Black 5th Year

Good screams,

Headmaster Leadwolf'