Like Father Like Son

It was late. Almost an hour after midnight when Elaisa came running and crying into the boys' dormitory and threw herself onto her best friend's bed. He was awake from the sudden burden on his chest. When he noticed her and her state, he cast a quick silencing charm and took her in his arms, rubbing circles on her back and kissing the top of her head every now and then. "Hey, it's alright. You are alright. Everything is gonna work out perfectly, you'll see"

The next morning something unbelievable happened. The next morning, Sirius was the first to wake up. Who? Sirius! And he woke up to see something even more confusing. He headed straight away to Remus' bed. He rocked him aggressively. "Remus wake up" He groaned. "Wake up. something is wrong with Prongs" That was enough to trigger the wakening to Lupin. "What's wrong?" He was eaten up by the angst in him. What could possibly have happened to his best friend overnight? "His curtains are close" Remus frowned. "You woke me up for that? Really, now?" He fell back to his bed. "Yes! When was the last time he had close his curtains?" No answer came. "Exactly! And don't tell me that he might have a hot chick in there, 'cause he is frequently in love with Evans and as sad as it might sound, we both know that the day she'll say yes to him is the day I'll join Voldermort"

It hit him and shot himself out of the bed. He was right. Something was really off. They both headed to James' bed. "James?" "Prongsie, are you alright in there?" No answer came and they couldn't hear a thing behind the curtains. Silencing charm. Something was terribly off. They shared a knowing terrified look and dragged the curtains. They were frozen. They knew that something was wrong, but not that wrong!

The Sunday's sunshine hit Elaisa in the eyes and she let a disappointed groan that came with her awakening. She shifted slightly and made James open his eyes at the movement. When they both overcome the state between sleep and woke, they both overcome the state between sleep and woke, they saw Remus and Sirius staring at them with their jaws dropped. Staring at James' hands around her waist, their locked feet, her arms around his torso, their messy hair and her removed shirt. Once they realized their position, they separated. "Fuck!" was the only thing that could escape Elaisa's mouth without messing her words.

"Guys, it's not what it looks like" "Are you sure? 'Cause to me it looks exactly like you hooked up with her!" Sirius was practically screaming. Remus wasn't able to say anything. He was way too shocked to produce any sound that humans could possibly comprehend. That's why he let Sirius do the talking.

"I know what it looks like that! But I would never do that. I would never hurt you in that way! None of you!" Sirius frowned. Why would that hurt Remus? Not that he could explain why he haw hurt anyways. But he didn't give it much thought. Remus frowned too. You have to be kidding me right now. "Then what happened? And you! Don't you have to say anything?" He turned to Elaisa. She didn't dare to look at him. How was she supposed to look her brother in the eye after that?

"Sirius, I swear to the blood we share that nothing happened between us" Her voice was unsteady and something more than a whisper. "He was only comforting me after what happened to Alex" "Yeah! What she said!" Sirius scoffed annoyed. "Yeah, right! And which level of comfort requires removing your shirt?!" Both of them lowered their heads. She couldn't really realize why James was embarrassed. After all, he was the one who tried to convince her to let it on. Sirius could feel his blood boiling. He moved toward her more aggressively than he wanted with his hand raised. "Answer me!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Elaisa flinched and backed away. "Sirius, back off!" James yelled back. Elaisa was basically shaking. At the moment Sirius reminded her so much of Orion. Fear was not enough to describe the way she was looking at him right now.

Elaisa's unsteady breathing was the only thing that managed to bring Remus back to reality. Yes, the scene wasn't the best. Yes, all the evidence was against her. But that doesn't mean that she deserves to feel horrified. It's not like sharing a bed with someone is a crime. He snapped out of his thoughts, his insecurities, his why and tried to, hold Sirius back.

"Sirius, that's enough!"

"Sirius, calm down!"

"You are scaring her!"

Sirius backed off, regret filling his eyes. Elaisa had curled up in a small ball in James' arms, writhing uncontrollably, with a familiar expression. He had seen it before. Multiple times. But where?

When she calmed herself down, she got off the bed and start talking while picking up her shirt and putting it back on, her word full of poison.

"Look, Sirius, I love you more than I can put in words and make sense of what I am saying" She sent an apologetic look to Remus to tell him that she indeed loved him too. "But I have to tell you one thing" She took a dramatic pause to calm herself down and don't start throwing hexes here and there. She moved forward aggressively making Sirius coward under her gaze. "There has been only one person" She raised her index finger and shoved it between his eyes "That has ever achieved to make me feel that way. Do you know who that was? Orion!" And with that, she turned around and walked out of the dorm. "And yes, I am an evil little bitch" she yelled over her shoulder. Sirius felt like he was drowning, her words marked on his heart, an ache in his chest.

Was he really like his father? Had he actually turned into the monster that so much tried not to? He hated his father, he hated his mother, and he wanted to hate his brother, but couldn't bring himself to, but that's not the point. The thing is that he hated them and now he was told that he is just like them. Was he really? He remembered a song, Family Line by Conan Grey and saw how right the singer was. He is so good at telling lies, that came from his mother's side, he told a million to survive. God, he has his father's eyes but his brother's when he cries. He can run but he can't hide, from his family line?

He found it hard to breathe. He felt like the room was too small for him. "Mate?" James called but he couldn't hear. His ears were ringing. He left the dorm running. He had to find space, and air, he had to find Elaisa.