Grimmauld Place 12

As the flames disappeared and I stepped out of the fireplace I met a big, cold living room. Images of my past in that room overwhelmed my mind and I almost cracked a smile. Just then Walburga entered the living room. "Sirius Orion Black, you-" She stopped midsentence as she spotted me. I pointed my wand at her. "How dare you-" That bitch. "No! How YOU dare use the cruciatus curse on YOUR child, MY brother when the only thing we ever did was to try and make you proud?" The colour drained away from her face. "Elaisa?" she looked, touched? "No shit Sherlock". She looked pissed. After everything she had done, I used a muggle expression in her house. I don't know how but we end up duelling. Like real duelling. Like those, I had at Durmrstrang.

Regulus POV

December 24, 1976

Today the whole family gathered to celebrate Christmas all together. Everything flew easily, normal and quiet. Everything seemed that there would be no unwanted, unpleasant surprises. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The storm came after dinner. Uncle Cygnus started talking about Voldermort and how he becomes stronger day by day and how lucky they are they have joined him. That can't be good.  "It would be best if the whole family was supporting him", he stated. Father looked at Sirius. Oh no. "Cygnus is right. Sirius, you are sixteen. It's time for you to drop all this rebellious nonsense and join the Dark Lord". Sirius banged the table and pointed his index finger to father. "I will never join this family in anything dark and evil and that's final". He had done it. "You are the heir of the noble and ancient house of Black. You have to take your responsibilities." "Come on cousin. Join us and our Lord will forgive you. Besides, Reggie will get the mark next year. You don't want to fight your brother, do you?". I kept staring at my plate. Of course, they would drag me into this. "Of course, he will. Always being the good one, doing whatever he was told to! He would kill me without a second thought if you told him to!". His words hurt. I rather die than hurt him. "I think", I spoke, "We should give him some time to think". Everyone looked at me. "I mean, he is still very close with those Gryffindorks. When it comes to uniting he is as loyal as a Slytherin. He would rather die than betray his so-called friends". Wow, I didn't know I was that smart. Everyone looked shocked. Well, not everyone. "I have nothing in common with you snakes". That stupid piece of dung. "Enough! We will talk about it later". Thank Merlin. This must be the first time I was grateful father shouted.

After a while, one by one the guests started leaving. Soon enough, Sirius and our parents were the only ones left. "What you did tonight made us look like fools. Be thankful Regulus was there to cover your stupid ass", mother said. "Those Gryffindorks and Mudbloods-" "Muggle-borns" "-you are interacted with," Thank God he let that slip "have taken the worse of you. You will become a Death Eater and THAT'S final. End of conversation". My eyes widened. "I will certainly will not" "But father-", we said at the same time. "Regulus, stay out of it" "But-". Mother pointed her wand at my throat. "I get he is your brother and, unfortunately, you care about him, but if you know what's best for you, you will shut that trap of yours. Unless you want to get some of it too". She pressed the wand ever further to my throat. I glanced at Sirius over her shoulder. He looked upset and concerned, his eyes full of worry. I gulped and looked my mother in the eye. My voice was something more than a whisper. "For Sirius? Gladly". She scoffed. "As you wish". Oh no. "Crucio!" "No!"

Sirius' voice was the last thing I heard before falling to the ground from the pain I felt. It was so intense and so all-consuming, that I no longer knew where I was. I screamed at the top of my lungs till the air was kicked out of me. I could hear voices but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Suddenly the pain stopped and I thought I had died. God, I wish I had. My blur vision slowly cleared and someone grabbed me on my feet. "Crucio" I heard the mother yelling and I heard a scream. This is it. But the pain never came. Then I realized that it wasn't me who was screaming out of pain but my brother.  "No! Stop it! Stop it!". I tried to go against Walburga but I was shoved away by my father. He held me back, forcing me to watch my brother writhe like a fish out of water on the floor. 

Tears started streaming from my eyes while fighting to free myself but Orion always overpowered me. "This is what you'll get if you dare to ever disobey or question my authority again like last night", he whispered in my left ear. "And if you ever get used to it, we will always find a way to get to Sirius"

 I gulped and shook my head. No, this is not happening to me, not to my brother. We fight might fight a hell lot but I love him. "No, please! Please, stop it! Stop it!", I screamed at the tops of my lungs. But mother didn't move. "Please! I'll do whatever you want!". The screaming stopped. "Oh really?" "Are you now?" "Yes! Anything! I-I will become a Death Eater when the time comes. I-I will never question you again". My parents locked eyes. "You will stop talking to him?". Her voice hid disgust. "Yes! Anything! Just, please, let him go!"

Walburga stepped aside and Orion freed me. "You have five minutes with him", and they both left the room. I run to his side falling to my knees. I checked his pulse and breathing. They were weak. I started shaking him. Come on Sirius, come on. You are not gonna die in here. I am not letting you.  Slowly he started opening his eyes. "Thank Merlin! You are alive!". I chucked out of relief. My tears must have not stopped, 'cause he looked at me concerned. He tried to tell me something. "Don't try to talk. We need to find a way to get you out of here. Come on". I slipped his hand around my shoulders and dragged him up. Damn, he was heavy. I left him slowly in the fireplace. Where could I send him? Potter! I stroked his cheek. I chuckled at his highly confused look. Oh, Sirius, how oblivious you are. I grabbed some powder and threw it in the fireplace. I watched as he was disappearing in green flames. Goodbye, brother

After a minute or two, staring at the fireplace, I left for my room. Passing the family tapestry I noticed a new burn. Sirius was disowned. I fell heavily on my bed and cried my eyes out. Damn, you, Sirius

About an hour later I woke up and went to the bathroom to check up on myself. My eyes were red and puffy. I heard yelling downstairs. He couldn't be back, could he? I run to the living room. The truth is that I wasn't ready to face what I saw. My mother was duelling with, Elaisa?  "Elaisa?". The duelling stopped. She smiled at me. Weird. "What are you doing here?" "You can ask your dear old mother that". Then she turned to Walburga. "I am going now. But if you ever touch even a single hair of them, you are gonna regret ever thinking to sent me to Durmstrang". and with that, she disappeared. Only then I noticed that my mother looked exhausted from the duelling with the thirteen-year-old and had a scratch on her cheek. Weird. What was going on here? Unless... It couldn't be, could it? Oh, shit!