Rescue

Waking up everything was still dark. Too dark for my preferences. That meant that I a not back at my dorm or the hospital wing. Which means that I am not at Hogwarts anymore. This leads to the conclusion that I have been taken by the Death Eaters. Not really comforting. Jees, why do I have to be so smart? (You are being what, now?)

"I see you are awake"

The voice was cold and slow. It could belong only to one person.

"Voldermort himself, huh? What have I done to worth your time?"

"You have something I want"

"A nose?"

"Shut up! And no. I am talking about great effect on the rest of the Wizarding World. Can you imagine the power I'll possess once it is known that the Potters have joined my range?"

I shifted on the chair I was tied on. 

"Please, Mr Potter. There is no use in trying to free yourself. The only thing you will manage is to hurt yourself. We don't want that now, do we?"

"Don't you? It doesn't look like it" I spat.

"There is no reason to argue, Mr Potter. I just have to give you your mark and you will be free to go"

"I will join you only when hell freezes"

"Is that so? Crucio!"

I felt my body turn limp. My vision blurred and my ears rang. I was shaking against the straps  and the chair. I tried to fight it. I didn't want to give him the pleasure but I couldn't take it. My nose bled and I screamed. I screamed so hard that I thought my throat was getting cut in shreds. 

He lifted the curse.

"What do you have to say now, Mr Potter?"

I laughed. "You are pathetic"

And then again...

Blackness. 

Hogsmeade was like a proper battlefield from an actual battle of a very important war in a very important attack. Houses were ruined, shops burned, the roads sticking from the blood, the vomit and the tears that rested upon him. Smoke covered the small village and the echo of the screams still played over and over again in my ears. 

The attack was over long ago but I could bring myself to live all of it again and again and again like I was in a hell-loop. The fire, the cries, the psychotic laughter coming from the death eaters. They made me feel sick. 

I was left behind because I was ordered to fetch my sister but instead, I was wandering around the ruined village for any remaining soul that needed help. I had sent a few students, mostly fourth and fifth years to James' steps, like I had warned him I would, during the attack. I hope they made it to the castle alright. 

I found a little girl hiding under her mother's dead body. The sight was disgusting and I felt my stomach twist. I tried to reassure her with a smile but I was in so much pain myself that it would be a miracle if I didn't scare her away.