Gossiping

September 1st, 1977

Hogwarts has been home to almost every wizard in Britain. It was a place full of joy, laughter. There was something for everyone to love and enjoy. The library, the Lake, the Forest, the kitchens, the Great Hall, the Astronomy Tower, the lessons, the teachers, the peers, and the magic in Hogwarts itself. It was a place where kids got to enjoy their youth.

Or, at least, it used to be.

This year Hogwarts was dark and cold, or it felt like it. You couldn't say for sure. Whatever it was, the students didn't like it. And neither did the professors. The students were fewer than any year. Lily pointed out that there haven't been so few students since the '20s. Not only the first years. Many parents had pulled their children out of Hogwarts to have them close. Like there was any place safer than Hogwarts. 

Everyone could feel it. The emptiness, the numbness, the fear that hangs over Hogwarts covering its real colours. James' heart sank as he watched the Sorting. He knew that every person within the walls, sooner or later would end up a corpse, a murderer, an orphan or a shell of its current self. So he made a promise to himself. He would try to bring light back to Hogwarts. He would use his power as Head Boy and his skills as a Marauder to gift a normal school life to these kids for as long as possible. 

Regulus' return to Hogwarts didn't go unnoticed. He was paled and with dark circles under his eyes. It looked like he hadn't eaten or slept in days. And it was probably true. The attack at the Potters was only a week and a half ago. Elaisa didn't dare to think what else her brother had gotten through throughout the summer. 

Hogwarts was always famous for its gossip. Lily never liked gossiping but at the time she found it something relaxing. Something to take her mind off of things. Something that was still the same as before the war. 

What caused all that bickering?

A girl with dark wavy hair and hazel eyes at Ravenclaw. She was in a seventh-year. And no, she hadn't got herself a new boyfriend. Neither was any relative of hers dead or missing. No, the Ravenclaw girl was five months pregnant. And the girl was none other than Cecelia. 

The news reached Gryffindor Tower at the end of the week and Remus was... Furious, for the lack of any better word. Not a moment later, he grabbed Sirius by his collar.

"Tell me that it wasn't you. Tell me that you didn't knock my sister up!" he growled. 
Sirius was lost for words too. Cecelia was pregnant? How did this happen?

"I-I don't know. I...I haven't seen her since the end of last year"

Remus shook him "How can you not? You are supposed to be together"

"I was o-on my way to see her when Lily walked in with the news. W-We have agreed to meet just once per week. Each Saturday"

You could see Sirius' anxiety and nervousness. His hands and voice were shaking. Remus let him go scoffing.

"I trusted you with my secret. I trusted you with my sister. You broke my trust twice"

Sirius stared at him in shock. He knew that Remus was right but words sting. 

"Remus, my love, it takes two to tango. If Cecelia is pregnant, it is both hers and Sirius' fault."
"I am going to have a row with Cece too. Don't worry"
"Try being positive! You are going to be an uncle!" James tried
"And babies are the best thing in the entire world" Lily added
"Not at seventeen and definitely not in the middle of a fucking war!" Remus snapped.

Everyone fell silent. They hadn't thought of that. Sirius sighed heavily and left to meet Cece. 

Only an hour later, Sirius walked back into the dorm with Cecelia at his tail. Remus rushed and hugged her. She hugged him back. Freaking hormones. 

"How are you? Why didn't you write?"
"I wanted to tell you in person but Hogwarts' gossiping beat me"
Remus chuckled
"So...Remus, I am pregnant. You are going to be an uncle and Sirius is the father of my child" Cece said 'as a matter of factly'.

Remus had to keep himself from falling. Hearing it, knowing it and seeing it were three completely different things. 

"Cece, that is wonderful! Are you planning to keep it?" Elaisa asked
"It is not 'it'" Sirius hissed "And yes, we talked about it and Cece and I decided to keep them. We agreed to risk it"
"What is life without a little risk?"
James' commend earned him a spank from Lily
"When are you due to, Cece?" she asked
"Pomfrey said they should be arriving at the end of December" Cece smiled
"Imagine your kid sharing its birthday with Jesus Christ, Padfoot"
"Honestly, Potter, why can't you take anything seriously?" Elaisa asked before glaring at Sirius, daring him to make a pun.

Cecelia was nervous about telling Sirius. But seeing how lovely the Marauders were, she had no doubt her baby would be loved and spoiled. With or without a war going on. She had wished for nothing more. Who would say that she would want to join her brother's family for the rest of her life? Six months ago she would through up at the thought. But here she was, feeling loved and complete, with the most abnormal family ever. 

"Are you gonna tell the world who is the father? Hogwarts is dying to know"
"Nah, I wanna see who they think he is"

They erupted in laughter and that only proved Cecelia's point even more.