Howlers

Artemius Regulus Black, born in December 19th 1997 by Cecelia Mercury and Sirius Black, was bound to turn famous. He was everything everyone was whispering around and the entire student body, and the teachers- adored him. Within five days, everyone knew Artemius' father's identity but that didn't stop the bickering at all. Artemius had, shortly after his birth, become Hogwarts' mascot. It seemed like everyone hoped for something better. The baby gave them hope and joy. Mostly to Regulus.

On December 23rd, the day everyone would head home for Christmas, a red envelope reached each Black. They looked at each other across the tables. The howlers were from Walburga. They were about to throw them away when Sirius' letter erupted in screeching. 

"Sirius Orion Black III, how dare you reproduce your traitorous genes with that filthy half-blood? I am not gonna stand by and watch your bastard bringing more shame to our family. I am not gonna let you turn another Black into the absolute failure you are! I will take care of this child and make him a decent heir and I am not gonna hear anything from you or that bitch you knocked up!"

They weren't able to react. Regulus' envelope erupted shortly after.

"Regulus, how could you let something like this happen? I am totally disgusted! I expected better from you"

Regulus was fast enough to roll his eyes before Elaisa's envelope erupted.

"Don't you dare stand in my way to Artemius you rascal, or you'll face the ultimate consequences"

That was the last they heard from Walburga before Cecelia's eyes watered. Sirius wrapped his arms around her and comforted her as best as he could. Sirius was devastated too but he was hiding his emotions to stay strong for the mother of his son.

Angry flames were burning in Remus' eyes and no one could blame him. Lily hid a sob herself.

"She is not going anywhere near Arty, Sirius" James started. Elaisa was gretafull he did. She was too shocked to support her brother and she cursed herself for that. Walburga had caught her off guard. She knew her mother was cruel but she never believed that Wlaburga would rip a newborn from its parents.

Regulus was the only one who was holding a blank, neutral face. What else could he do? He was all away to the Slytherin table and too far caught up in a D.E.'s evilness to show any kind of recognition of his traitorous brother's pain. He limited himself to banging his fork on his plate and walking out of the Great Hall. The rest of the students would think he was just angry about his mother's attitude towards him. Pandora and Barty followed him close behind. The last thing they needed was to lose Regulus too.

"Excuse me" James gathered the courage to say and followed Regulus too.

Regulus had asked him to stay away from him long ago. He thought himself dangerous for someone as bright as James, even if he actually matured throughout the year. But James didn't want to give up on him. He believed that he could put Regulus' pieces back together. He didn't want to accept the fact that he had completely lost Regulus, his love, in the darkness.

James found the Slytherins in an abandoned class. Pandora was trying to give comfort. Bart was breathing heavily from the anxiety and Regulus was in the middle of it all losing control over his magic. Bolts of Lightning were leaving his body and stricken everything in every possible direction.