Dumbledore

Remus POV

December 24, 1976

You can only imagine my surprise when late that night Sirius was thrown out of the fireplace. Damn Black, what had happened now? He was barely conscious. We were all shocked. Mrs Potter had trained to be a healer and she was the first to react and take care of him. We didn't know what had happened but it was obvious he had experienced the cruciatus curse. He stayed conscious long enough to mumble something about his brother and mother but we couldn't make out what.

Just then I heard Elaisa running down the stairs. As soon as she noticed Sirius she run by his side worried. I didn't know she cared about him that much. I mean, she has met him only once and they get themselves into a bloody fight! She was holding his shoulders and I grew angry. I was angry with Sirius, wishing it were my shoulders she was holding on to.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when she jumped up yelling, demanding to know what had happened to him and I grew jealous. She never worried, even in the slightest, for me when I was a mess around the full moon. I kept boiling inside me not hearing what she was saying until a word rang in my ears 'werewolf' and I glanced at her only to meet directly with her ice-grey eyes. "And I am sure you don't wish that on anyone" Oh, my, Gawd! She knows! She knew all that time my darkest secret and she never made a fuss about it. She knew and she remained my friend. That's why she didn't bother to ask me anything, 'cause she knew the reason I looked sick and she knew I would probably lie if she did. My heart lit up with uncountable joy and happiness. I felt a smile creep its way up to my lips but it faded when she called Sirius 'her brother' and disappeared in green flames. Why did she call him 'brother'? They did look very much alike but Sirius couldn't have a sister. He would have mentioned at least once having a baby hot sister like Elaisa.

I turned to look at James and his parents. They looked like the fact that Elaisa said 'brother' completely slipped off their minds. "I'll send a Patronus to Dumbledore and inform him. James, Remus, take Sirius to his room" Mr Potter said without any colour to his voice. We just nodded in response, both of us too shocked to make a proper answer. James helped Sirius up and I carried him to his room in my arms. That's the pron of being a werewolf. Super strength to carry your friends to their bed. As soon as we set him down I looked at James "Didn't seem a little weird to you?" "Sirius being tortured to almost death? No, not really. Honestly, mate, Walburga is crazy" My mouth dried. "I was talking about Elaisa. She called him her brother" James looked furious "You imagining things. Besides, even if she did, one of your best friends was tortured and another confirmed to be several times in the past, and you care about their hypothetical relationship in blood?! Wow, Lupin!" My face turned Weasley-red from embarrassment and anger. I am NOT imagining things! I am a bloody werewolf! And Elaisa said she has experienced the cruciatus curse several times. Merlin, Lupin, how could you let that slip you? I can't believe it. Who would want to do such a terrible thing to such an angelic little girl? I wanna find him and tear him apart. I have never wished to bite someone, till now.

Just then I heard a loud pop from the living room. Dumbledore. Before we could reach downstairs Mrs Potter had already informed him of Sirius' state and Elaisa'a leaving. We all sat around the fireplace waiting for Sirius to wake up or Elaisa's return while talking. I wasn't following the conversation. I just stared at the fireplace as if I would kill it if it didn't spit Elaisa out the next few hours.

Thankfully, for my nerves, Elaisa did show up two hours later panting like she had run a marathon with one breath. We all stood up worried. There was blood running from her left temple. I was the first one to grab her in my arms and raised my hand to reach her bloody temple. My left-hand finds its way to her small waist. She grabbed my hand before touching the blood. "I am fine. Where is he?" My heart sank and I removed my hand from her waist. How could she be so... so... amazingly annoying? "Elaisa, I have to remind you of your headmaster's, parents', and guardians' wishes" Elaisa growled at him and James frowned. "I know you love him" love. So Elaisa loved Sirius without even knowing him. Ridiculous. Hurtful. "and I completely understand-" "You understand NOTHING! You are as oblivious to love as a filthy worm! Don't even try to protest. You are the one who killed his sister!"

Dumbledore looked taken aback. "How do you know that?" She scoffed and walked right passed him, bumping his shoulder, on purpose. Damn, that girl has some fire in her. James followed her upstairs and Dumbledore left embarrassed.

I stared at the stairs for a couple of minutes before Mr Potter told me that I should go to sleep.

On my way to my room, I heard voices coming from behind a door. James' door. It was half open so I went to take a look. James and Elaisa were both laying on his bed, resting her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, no doubt. "I swear James, I don't usually do that. Yes, I am taking the evil tests every year. Yes, I have grown fond to hurt people, verbally. But I have never wished for anyone to die the cruellest death before" Now he was playing with her hair trying to calm her down. But that made me so jealous. What was wrong with me? He is just comforting her. But the way he is holding her close to him... Why does he always take everything good for his own? Wait, what? James is your best friend who stuck with you when he found out you are a monster, who risks his life every month to help you, who cares so much for everyone, and who does everything with his whole heart. I couldn't possibly hate him for that. He is just being James. He kissed her forehead. Ok, that's it. He is dead.

I walked straight to my bedroom. That night I cried myself to sleep and I don't know why, for sure. Only the picture of James and Elaisa in the bed would haunt my so fucked up mind.