The Come And Go Room

April 1st, 1977

April 1st was always full of anticipation, worry and excitement. Many students were pulling small pranks. Everyone was under constant vigilance, students and teachers. You never knew what you'll find at the next corner. But what made the student body even more jumpy m were four Gryffindor boys. The Marauders. Each year that day they would pull something marvellous.

But not this year.

Everyone could see that the marauders had started falling apart. They haven't seen Sirius, James and Peter wandering around causing mischief in ages. They weren't bumping into Remus and Elaisa snogging in empty corridors, abandoned classrooms or cupboards anymore. They could see that the Black brothers were falling apart again. The meals were calm now that the four boys were sitting as far away from each other as much as they could.

James would talk only to Elaisa, Sirius to Remus, Regulus was shutting himself to everyone but his sister and Peter had no one most of the time. Elaisa seemed to be the less affected one, as she had both Regulus and James along with her friends from Durmstrang.

It was safe to say that the rest of them were struggling through. They looked pale, exhausted and with dark marks under their eyes. They weren't having much sleep, Remus was doing poorly at his studies and Sirius would barely touch his food. James was caught in the middle, trying to talk Sirius and Remus out of it, but they both felt still betrayed.

Last night he did everything in his power to persuade the rest of the marauders to pull a prank altogether, keep the tradition alive, but with no effect.

The dorm was in chaos too. Reggie and Sirius weren't talking and when they did, they were fighting like wounded animals.

Nothing was the same anymore and everything was so perfect two weeks ago you thought they were in a dream. If it wasn't for that damn diary. If Sirius had never read it. It was only one fucking secret. Everyone has one. Maybe Elaisa's was bigger than Remus' but that doesn't mean it should break them apart. They are family. They are supposed to be able to bear any storm, together.

But how are they supposed to work it out if they aren't even talking?? He was good at causing problems, not fixing them... He slapped his forehead. How hadn't he thought of it before??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elaisa and Regulus were on a meeting that day 'cause Voldermort was planning an attack at Hogsmeade. Nothing new really. After that, they visited Alex. It had become a regular thing now. They were always welcome at his hiding spot. He didn't have anyone to talk to anyway. Regulus would see him only after the meeting but Elaisa visited him more often with new books for him to read. Books she would steal from Hogwarts' Library, but he didn't need to know that. They bonded like salt and pepper. Perhaps that's because he did grow up with his sister. She shook that thought off. She wasn't going to use that against Sirius. Never. He was a dick but it wasn't his fault they grew apart...

Alex was amazing, caring and hot as fuck. If he was a few years younger... But he wasn't and she loved Remus - because she had figured that what she was feeling for Remus was love- so Alex had to live with her seeing him only as an older brother. To be honest, he liked Elaisa too. Believe me, it's hard not to fall for her super the super awesome, beautiful girl that saved your life. But they managed.

They arrived at his house later than usual. "Hey, guys. What's with the long faces? What's wrong?" They walked in without a word. Alex was worried sick. Of course, there had been times that their meetings were a living hell and in those four months, he had seen them being a mess many times, but never like this. The three of them took a sit in the living room. "Ok, what happened?" He sighed. "I know it's bad already. If you don't tell me you are just worrying me even more" Elaisa's feet were shaking and Regulus was messing with his hair just to do something with his hands. "Guys!" The Black siblings exchanged a meaningful look.