Charming genie (Winter holiday)

Y/n's pov

Something is wrong with me and I don't know why. Ever since talking about the winter holiday, I've been feeling pretty blue and I don't really understand. This isn't my world to begin with so I'm not going anywhere but that doesn't bother me, I mean I'm already in a new world. I still don't care about my family or anything so I don't know why I feel this pit in my heart like I'm... alone....

"Why so pale, Y/n?"

"You look like you've seen a ghost." The ghosts laughed.

I took a deep breath before forcing a smile and picking up Grim "Sorry, I was just lost in thoughts, thinking about the winter holiday."

"So what's that by the way?" Grim asked me.

"What? Winter holiday? You know, when the school lets the students out so they can go celebrate with their families. It's basically an opportunity to get back together and they often have dinner too. I remember the turkey, the sugar cookies, the gingerbread house..."

Grim's eyes illuminated when I spoke about the food as mine grew cold but we didn't notice.

I may sound like this is good and I like it but I've never liked anything that implied being with my "family".

"Speaking of family meeting, do you have a family, Grimmy boy?" I mean he's a cat monster so I don't know how it works for him.

"A family, huh? I remember wakin' up hungry and alone. It was real cold. I was waitin' out there for someone to come get me for ages. What happened after that again? It's all so foggy... But hey, I'm a forward-facin' kinda guy anyway! The future's way cooler than the past! Especially 'cause I'm gonna be a rich and powerful sorcerer! Gah ha ha!"

I smiled a little at his words. 'Wish the past was that easy to move on from...'

We went to class.

"Listen up, whelps. Your holiday vacation starts tomorrow. I'm sure all of you are foaming at the mouth to get back home. But every year, there's always some foolish pup who forgets about his homework and spends the whole break goofing off. Just remember that I have a severe punishment in store for any such slackers out there. Are we clear? You have permission to use the Dark Mirror to return home for the holidays. Report to your dorm mirror once you've packed your things!"

I was too lost in my own thoughts to even admire Divus today.

I got out of it when someone touched my shoulder "Hey, are you okay?"

I quickly nodded to Ace "Yeah, you know sometimes I just zone out."

I think he took it.

"Anyways, I was wondering how you were going to eat since during the holiday the cafeteria and the school store shut down." Deuce said.

"I'll just use magic, that's how I did since I'm here. Which makes me think, Crowley also told me to feed the fairies in the fireplace since I'm not going anywhere."

"Talk about a drag." Grim grumbled.

"You don't have to force yourself." I smiled at him.

'Well, I'm not going anywhere but I could still tell them goodbye.'

On the way to the mirror chamber, Grim was on top of my head, seemingly taking it as a napping spot.

I was once again lost in thoughts. 'I feel... weird.' I clenched my chest. 'Am I sad I'm not going on vacations? No, that doesn't make sense.... ...Am I... lonely? This pit in my heart... Could I really... miss them?"

"Y/n!"

They snapped out of it and looked at the duo.

"We've been calling you for a while." Deuce said.