Intemporal queen (Tic-Tac)

Y/n's pov

Tic-Tac Tic-Tac Tic-Tac Tic-Tac... endlessly.

I started focusing on the tempo and it became actually more bearable. I've been in the ballroom for a while now, practicing muay thai to get my mind off that Tic-Tac. Now, I'm doing rhythmic gymnastic.

During a flip, I heard the door, making me stop on my hands "Hi."

"Woah. Y/n, what are you doing?" Deuce asked.

I went back on my feet "Just some training." I lifted my leg, doing a standing split "I have the ticking on my mind."

Ace looked at me amazed but quirked an eyebrow "What?"

"I said I have something on my mind."

Kalim and Jamil then arrived, I greeted them but continued what I was doing, feeling them looking at me but not minding.

"Schatz." I stopped, looking at Vil. "Could you do a spin, please?"

I spun gracefully before bowing.

"See this, Epel? That's the example I want you to take."

Epel looked down.

"Moving on..." I summoned my cane "I hope you all memorized the lyrics 'cause now it's time to sing."

3rd person's pov

"Oh... Oooh... OOOOOH! GAH! I was so awestruck by the main vocalists that I suddenly forgot I was on the chorus!" Kalim stopped.

"Come on. You should know better than that." Jamil reprimanded him.

"That's just how good it sounded. My body kicks into dance mode all on its own!"

"Très bien! What a splendid harmony it was."

"I agree. Everybody was on fire there!" Deuce said, pumped.

Y/n huffed "Seriously?" They looked at them "You're content with that little? There is muuuuuuch more work to do."

"Manager is right, the performance was, quite frankly, a mess. The main vocals were off-key, and the chorus was much too loud and pronounced."

"I sang my heart out there, and now you're telling me I'm not supposed to? Being part of the backup is harder than I thought. Maaan! I wish I'd gotten main vocals." Ace whined.

"It's because you can't even grasp the importance of the chorus that main vocal is even further out of question for you. Any disruption to the harmony between the main melody and chorus makes a song sound worse." Y/n scolded him.

"Yes, manager, I got it."

"We'll be dancing and singing simultaneously at the show. It's only going to get harder from here." Vil warned.Y/n sighed "Okay, onto dance we go."

...

They tapped their cane, stopping the music and were about to speak but Vil was faster "EPEL."

"Y-yessir!"

"Have you learned nothing from your ballet lessons nor their example? I told you to throw out your antiquated notions. I said nothing about acting so halfhearted! Don't just sing the words without thinking about what they mean. This song is more than mere lip service."

"But this is the most "charming" I can sound..."

"Being charming is another matter entirely. Do you think that will be enough to take Neige down? Now, take it from the top!"

"...Nnngh! I don't... I don't WANNA be cute!"

"Excuse me?"

"I never wanted to be in Pomefiore to start with. And I don't wanna compete in the VDC, neither! I didn't come to Night Raven College to sing and dance! I came here to get stronger! I don't wanna be some dainty little flower. I wanna be BIG! And STRONG! And TOUGH!"