Intemporal queen (Auditions)

Y/n's pov

"Wow." I stopped my song as Azul lost his balance and I caught him. I was teaching him how to waltz.

He sighed "This may be useless."

"Don't say that~ You just need more practice." I held him closer, feeling his face getting hotter.

He cleared his throat "...Your voice is still as beautiful as ever."

I don't need my mask anymore "Thanks, Octolove. I control it better and better. I think it should be all better by the VDC but I still won't be able to perform."

I let go of him. "So I heard your group will audition?"

I stretched "Yeah, Ace, Deuce and Grim... Kalim and Jamil too... Also Cater, Ruggie and Lilia, even Ortho. They all told me. By the way, won't Floyd audition? I remember him liking to dance."

Azul shook his head "You know how is his mood."

I chuckled thinking back "Now that I remember, Floyd told me you didn't want to dance so why are you learning with me?"

Azul turned away from me so I didn't see his reddening cheeks 'Don't couple dance at their wedding?'

I pouted and thought of a comeback "Isn't waltz a romantic dance for couples though?"

Azul turned back to me with a red face "You're too much!"

I just laughed.

3rd person's pov

Vocal and Dance Championship Campus audition day. 

In Pomefiore, several students were in line in the lounge, waiting for the auditions to begin.

Y/n was with Vil and Rook as they were getting ready "I can hear the excitement from the lounge..."

Vil opened the door with a slam "Silence, spuds!"

Sparkles emitted, dazzling everyone.

"I find it difficult to believe that anyone on this campus would be ignorant of who I am, but courtesy dictates an introduction all the same. I am Vil Schoenheit, housewarden of Pomefiore.This year, the headmage has assigned me a duty... To select entrants to compete in the Vocal & Dance Championship. We will now begin the ensemble auditions."

"I am Rook Hunt, vice housewarden of Pomefiore. A pleasure to make your acquaintances."

"And I am Y/n L/n, I will be the team's manager until the VDC is over. We will have each of you perform the assigned set piece. You will be evaluated separately for singing and dancing."

"The auditions will be in groups of three. Come inside when your name is called." Rook finished.

Now, in the ballroom.

Ruggie was first.

"Monsieur Dent-de-Lion. Your fleet footwork and broad smile convey gallantry and boyish charm in equal measure. Beauté! Full marks!"

"While I like his attitude and smile, his dancing and singing were kinda off. 64."

"You carry yourself well enough, but your dancing and singing both leave much to be desired. Next!"

Next was Cater.

"Monsieur Magicam. Your singing voice sparkled with diamond clarity! I could immerse myself in it for hours. Beauté! Full marks!"

"The performance was good but I didn't feel anything. 79."

"You did the entire song and dance without any errors, but your performance is utterly lacking in passion. Next!"