Intemporal queen (Practice)

Y/n's pov

I pulled down my mask as I started testing my singing in the courtyard, I seem to control my voice a little better but I still need to stay extra focused. I'm gonna need more time before I can sing again without any worry.

"Thought I recognized your beautiful voice."

Grim, Ace and Deuce came to me and I pulled my mask back on when we heard another voice.

"Pretty..." I searched for the source of the voice.

"AaaoooaaaACK! Ugh!" It coughed.

"Wait, that sounds like..."

"Whoa, that went from smooth to rough in a hurry." Ace was surprised.

"Mah singin's s'posed to sound charmin', but ah just can't do it..."

I realized "Epel!" as I popped up in front of him.

"UWAAAAAAAAAH!" He got startled.

"What you doing? Practicing your singing by the well?" 

He calmed down "The well has an echo, so it's a good way to hear the sound of your own voice. Housewarden Vil instructed me to practice my singing here."

"Hm. I see." I pulled down my mask as I tried "Aaaoooaaah~" A vibration emitted, propulsing the water a little as it created a little rainbow. I put my mask back on and smiled "Not bad."

Epel sighed "I wish everything was as easy for me as for you."

"Wishing is for the last chapter."

"What?"

"Nothing. I don't think I ever introduced y'all. Here are Ace, Deuce and Grim." I showed him the boys. "Darlings, this is Epel Felmier, a first-year in Pomefiore."

They greeted each others as I continued "So from you practicing, I can deduct that you will be auditioning for the VDC."

He nodded "Vil instructed me to work on making my singing sound more charming and sweet... But if I'm being honest, I could do without the whole competition."

I heard that last part but I couldn't ask about it as a voice that I love cut into the conversation "What's this, Epel? Are you shirking your vocal practice to parley with the pigeons?"

Epel was surprised as I smiled "Hello again, beauty queen."

The boys looked at his tall and beautiful figure.

"Schatz, get your spudlings away from Epel. This is a critical time for him. We have less than two months until the VDC. He has no time to waste playing with unwashed spuds. Do not disturb him during his rehearsals."

"Excuse me?" Ace asked indignated.

"We weren't trying to disturb him." Deuce said.

"Vil, they ain't done nothin' to deserve how you're talkin'! Ah was... Ahem. I was—"

"Epel, how many times have I told you to avoid improper contractions and double negatives? How are you supposed to get anywhere if you break character any time your emotions grow heated? You'll never be a bright red poison apple at this rate. Come, Epel. We're leaving."

"Hey now, everybody calm down. We did disturb Epel's practice even if it was unintentional. Sorry for that and good rehearsals." I smiled at the end.

They stayed silent.

Vil smiled "This is why I like you the most, schatz, you're understanding." 'Though I don't like you hanging around so many tubers all the time.' "There is much work yet to be done if we are to earn our places as VDC finalists. You don't get to be number one by relaxing. Now come."

"Yes, sir... See you later, guys." Epel followed him.

'He seems reluctant right now but I know what Vil's doing. He'll certainly understand soon.'

"Nyah!"

Ace and Deuce jumped a little.

I looked at Grim "What? Is there a problem?"

He squinted his eyes at me "...No. I thought your eye glowed purple but it's still E/c."

"Uh-huh." 'I ain't even gonna try to get into it now. I think it just comes naturally.' "Let's get to class."

...

"What? You guys wanna participate in the VDC?" I was sipping my drink. "...Whatever. Just so you know I ain't helping y'all, it would only demoralize me more since I can't sing." I took a dramatic pause.

"Sometimes I don't know when you're serious or not." Ace squinted his eyes at me.

I chuckled "Good luck anyway and don't be harsh on Grim nor Deuce or I'll make you pay."

He argued as I finished my drink. "One thing though, did you think of applying for the auditions?"

Silence.

"Figured. You need to apply to Rook."

"H-How do we find him?" Deuce wondered.

I looked at my black and purple polished nails "Rook, come here please."

"Oui, ma chère colombe."

The boys screamed as the blonde boy popped up from behind them.

"Ces enfants would like to apply for the VDC."

"C'est vrai?! Magnifique! I welcome all new challengers with open arms!"

Calming down, they just nodded, kinda still in shock especially since the two french-speakers acted like everything was normal.

"I believe the two of you belong to Heartslabyul? Ace Trappola, #25 in Class 1-A, human, 172 centimeters tall... Deuce Spade, #24 in Class 1-A, human, 173 centimeters tall... And here we have L/n residence's Grim, monster, 70 centimeters tall."

"H-how do you know our class and student numbers?!" Deuce was shocked.

"For that matter, how do you know our exact heights down to the flippin' centimeter?!" Ace was too.

"That's just Rook for you." I leaned on his shoulder.

He smiled, leaning toward me too "Since you have informed me of your intent, you will not need to fill out any paperwork. The audition will be held in the Pomefiore ballroom after school, a week hence. Do be sure to save the date."

"Yes, sir." They answered.

"Fine then we'll take our leave." I said.

"What? Where are you going?" Grim asked.

"My life here isn't only about y'all. Now, work hard, I hope to see you succeed." I kissed both their cheeks and the top of Grim's head before leaving with Rook.

3rd person's pov

Ace and Deuce looked at each other with red faces and each holding the cheek where they were kissed.

"Are you?"

"You too?"

Grim just looked at them confused "What are you guys talking about?"

They didn't answer that.

In Pomefiore's ballroom.

Y/n's dance test by Vil Schoenheit.

Rook clapped "Magnifique! Exceptionnel! Incroyable! My words cannot even begin to describe this beauty!"

They smiled nervously as they blushed a little 'I'm used to compliments on my performances but I don't know why Rook's compliments always feel different.'

"I still think it's such a shame you won't be able to participate, schatz." Vil sighed. "Now I will have to deal with a bunch of tubers."

The H/c laughed "Don't be like that, my beautiful queen. You don't need me to radiate on the stage and despite that, I will help in other ways."

Vil smiled "You're right. First of all, let's review the song and dance moves, manager."