Intemporal queen (Alone time)

Deuce borrowed a blastcycle from Ignihyde and went to take a ride to the ocean with Epel to relieve some pressure.

Deuce inhaled "I'M NEVER GONNA KNUCKLE UNDER, YOU HEAR ME?!"

"Huh?! What's wrong, Deuce? Why are you yelli—"

"I'M NOT A SMART GUY, AND I CONSTANTLY MISS BASIC CUES!"

Epel was shocked.

"ALL MY OLD DELINQUENT HABITS ARE STILL THERE! I'VE GOT A HAIR-TRIGGER TEMPER! BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST, OKAY?! YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME, ACE?! WELL, THINK AGAIN! ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GONNA BE A REAL HONORS STUDENT, AND YOU'LL BE EATING MY DUST FOR THREE MEALS A DAY! I'M GONNA CHANGE! YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!...Ahhh, that's much better!"

"G...Goodness gracious."

"I do this whenever things aren't going my way and I get all out of sorts. I drive to the beach and let it all out at the top of my lungs. It always makes me feel better. For as long as I can remember, I've been a slow learner. I'd study hard, but my grades always stayed below average. I wanted an excuse for why I did so poorly in school... So over time, I started taking the easy way out. "I'm not even trying. Of course my grades are bad." "It's lame to be a try-hard." You know, stuff like that."

"Oh...I didn't know."

"I was out of control for years. I became a hopeless delinquent and made my mom cry. That's when I got a letter of acceptance from the prestigious Night Raven College. I thought to myself: maybe I could get my act together and change myself if I had a new environment. "This is my big chance!""

"And did you change? After enrolling, I mean?"

"Nope. Not a bit. I can play the part of an honors student, but I can't change who I am deep down. I'm still that same bad boy with grades to match. Nothing ever goes the way I want it to. But...I learned something when I came to this school especially because of them. I learned that all the most "capable" guys struggle hard behind the scenes. Even when it's embarrassing, even when it's lame, even when it means playing a little dirty... Capable guys never give up. And they still believe in me even if I mess up sometimes and always push me up."

"Deuce... Is he- they..."

He smiled "They always make the best come out of someone so I want to be more like them. I invited you out here today because I thought maybe you were like me. You have this thing where you start to say something, then stop yourself, right? It comes off to me like you want to change, but you can't, so you're floundering."

"...Yeah. Maybe you're right."

"I'm the only one here. Why don't you give it a try? Let it all out at the top of your lungs. It'll make you feel way better!"

"Well... All right." He inhaled "You think Ah kin turn all darlin' overnight? Are you outta yer apple-pickin' mind?!"

Deuce was shocked now.

"Ah'm a farm boy from the sticks! We got more heifers'n we do people out in our part of the country! It's all Ah kin do ta talk without slippin' inta mah accent! Ah ain't never danced afore, other'n hoedowns an' field day games! How'm Ah s'posed ta know the first thing about dressin' all trendy or actin' all classy?! Ah ain't never wanted ta be no darlin' anyhow! If Ah had mah druthers, Ah'd be a big an' tough an' strong man! YER A BIG OL' IDJIT, Y'HEAR?! *Huff* *Huff* Ahhh! That felt mighty good!"

...

"So Epel's a farm boy from the north part of the Shaftlands. He picked a fight with you on the first day and you won. Since then, you try to show him the other side of the mirror but he just doesn't get it and want to fight you to get out of your clutch."