Part 2

Apologize

__________________________

"HEY APOLOGIZE" I heard Luffy yelling but I was to concentrated on the boy who's eyes were going from the shouting boy to mine. We made eye contact. "Great two annoying kid"

And there goes my expectations. I sighed. "You're barely older than me.I am turning 8 soon and she's uh..she's.." Luffy stopped and looked at me. "How old are you?" He asked turning fully towards me. "Oh I am turning 7 soon" I respond not understanding why it matters anyways.

"Yes! And how old are you then?!" The boy turns to the older dark haired boy. He scoffed. "I'm ten" he said a bit of superiority could be heard in his voice. How annoying.

"Luffy come on he clearly doesn't want us to bother him" I said grabbing Luffy's arm and trying to drag him with me. "Nooo~ y/n I want to stayyy" he whined.

"Good a whiny baby and a little girl." The boy said annoyed. I didn't say anything not wasting my emotions on such an irrelevant being. "IM NOT A BABY" Luffy yelled irk marks were now visible on his face.

"Come on Luffy it's not worth it. be more mature" I scolded him it's weird that he's older but I have to teach him the basics. He got quite and just stared at the boy who now jumped of the big rock.

"Oh Ace this two are now your friends alright? Treat them well and don't spit on them again." Said Garp.
"Tch don't tell me what to do old man" The boy named Ace said.
I just hummed he has a pretty name it suits him. "And don't stare at me it creeps me out" he said looking at me.

I cringed at myself for glaring too much. I looked away with a emotionless face. "Let's go Luffy let's go explore the house. Okay?" I asked him. "YES ADVENTURE" he said now running away. I ran after him before he gets in trouble.

٭⊹¤.•⨳•.*☆✬ ★ ✬☆*.•⨳•.¤⊹٭

Dandan just announced that we will be having dinner soon. I asked her if she needed help with setting the table.

She said we don't have a table but I can help her bring the plates out.
While getting the plates I looked out the window and saw Ace sitting on a tree throwing rocks at the ground.

I ignored it and started to bring the plates out. Now that everything was set people started to eat. I didn't get a lot of food I got a bit of rice and a smaller meat while the others fought for food I started eating quietly next to Luffy. Luffy was staring at me nonstop I didn't understand but then I heard his stomach growl. I giggled.

"Here" I gave him the half of the smaller meat. "I know it's not a lot bu-" I couldn't finish my sentence.
"THANK YOU Y/N-NII" he shouted with the world biggest grin on his face. He acts like I saved his life or something. "oh..you're welcome" I responded to him.

"Why does Ace get so much but we don't???" Luffy asked whining I only now notice he got way more. Ace just smirked. So annoying. I thought. "He was the one who hunt down this deer" Dandan said. I was shocked. He hunt down such a big animal. He smirked proudly even more seeing the shock on my face.

"I could do it too" Luffy said now my full attention was on him. "Luffy.." i said not wanting him to do something stupid. Ace just laughed at Luffy's comment. "Yeah wouldn't bet on that" Ace teased as Luffy pouted. Now all the food was gone and everyone started to leave to do their jobs or sleep most of them was drunk by now thought.

I decided to wash the plates as a thanks for the food since my pride wouldn't let me thank Ace face to face.

I was now going for the rest of the plates when I heard Dandan say. "I couldn't care less what happens to him he's the child of the devil" if she didn't say "he" I would've been sure she was talking about me. But was it Luffy? Or Ace? I don't care it's still wrong to say something like that. I know because if someone told me that I would be pretty mad or just sad depends.

"You shouldn't say something like that" the smaller guy tried to shush Dandan who was clearly very drunk.
I just noticed that in the other end of the room was Ace standing there also eavesdropping. I could see the pain on his face he didn't notice me. He turned around and left. I followed him into the room where we were supposed to sleep.

I opened the door Ace was already on his futon. "Why are they calling you the Devil's child?" I asked with a cold tone. He was shocked by my question not noticing my enter into our shared room.

"None of your business." He said turning his back to me. I hummed. "Okay" I said and left. If he won't tell me I'll find out by myself. I still had job to finish anyways so I went back into the kitchen and started to wash the plates. Wait where's Luffy. I thought and went to find him I couldn't find him anywhere. He probably went to sleep by now.

I was also very tired so I went inside the shared bedroom. I opened the door. I saw movements. "Ace?" I asked quietly. He didn't respond so I assumed he was asleep. I sat down getting ready to sleep. When I heard another movements. "Do you want me to live?" I heard the voice behind me speak.

The question took me by surprise. I turned around. I was too stunned to speak. No one ever asked me that i means your worth doesn't depend on others.

I was just staring at him. "Whatever goodnight" he said now turning away from me. I still didn't move this was the question he asked I always wanted an answer for too even thought I knew you shouldn't care about others opinion or that's what I thought. "I-..everyone deserves to live and you did nothing wrong"

I said not knowing how to answer to that question I'm not sure if he heard it but what matters is This question made me realize I don't want him to die for whatever reason I just couldn't let that happen.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep fast.

٭⊹¤.•⨳•.*☆✬ ★ ✬☆*.•⨳•.¤⊹٭

The next morning the sun woke me up it was getting colder since it's the end of summer so it's almost fall.
I looked around in the room no one was here. Not a sign of Ace or Luffy. I decided to dress up and go out I could only wear Luffy's and Ace's clothes since I didn't have any myself. Only a ripped white dress that wasn't the best thing to wear so I just wore the boys clothes. I'm sure they won't mind..

I walker outside to Explore the forest and look for Luffy or Ace i dont wanna be alone. I was now walking in the forest when i heard someone breathing. I looked at the source of the sound. My eyes widened. "LUFFY?!"

__________________________

Heyyyy likes and comments are appreciated and it keeps me motivated :))

Word count:1240

(Edited)