Part 9

Lie

_________________________

My eyes widened I quickly glanced at Shanks reaction his face darkened. I gulped he looks way scarier than I though he could be but I guess he's a pirate captain after all. He stood up and gave a last relieving glance to me while going towards the door.

My eyes widened I wasn't even thinking I just grabbed his hand to prevent him from going outside. I gasped as I realized what I've done but there's no going back now. Shanks stopped its not like if he wanted to go I could actually stop him. my skills were way below his I just could tell by his aura he want that weak and he was twice my size.

"Please.." I said quietly but quite enough for Shanks to hear. He looked at me confused. "D-don't go" I felt intimidated even though I wasn't his enemy.

"Kid don't get yourself into something you don't know what is this isn't a game" he said looking down at me if there's one thing I hate more than almost anything is when someone looks down at somebody just because the age gap he doesn't know what I've been through I might be 8 years old but I've been through way more than most of adults have.

Shanks shaked off my hand of his.
"This is not your fight" he said turning towards the door again. Now it was me who was furious. The door broke as it flew open I could see a bunch of men.

My eyes widened they were the ones I saw in my vision I gulped and stepped back. Shanks noticed it and I could tell he was confused but not surprised.

"Hey hey now we're not here for violence we're searching for someone actually." The man who seemingly was the leader said. Then another one spoke.

"we were just wondering if you guys have seen a little girl around here his mother is very worried about her" the man said I knew they were referring to me. I gulped and looked around for a place to hide or a weapon. Behind the bar I noticed a door that must lead to the kitchen I started slowly tiptoeing over there not to draw any unnecessary attention.

I was scared Shanks might fall for the "her mother is worried" part and actually rat me out and believe them.

"I'm afraid I have to disappoint you because we don't have any children here like you can see this is a tavern no kids allowed." Shanks calmly respond.

"But I was just wondering why would you attack one of my comrades if you don't seek violence." Shanks said smiling but I knew he had murderous intentions by just his aura.

"Oh about that actually he attacked us first" the leader respond and he sighed. "Look we know that she's here or that she has been here just tell us and we don't have to hurt anyone" he said."I'm afraid I can not do that." Shanks said pulling out his sword.
_________________________

I was now inside the kitchen and saw a window. "Yess!" I said happy I crawled through the window. But when I was about to step on the ground I heard a gunshot and I jumped accidentally and falling on the ground with a very loud thud.

I must have hit my head I'm pretty unlucky today I thought while holding my head. "Shoot" I realized I left my bag and backpack in the Tavern by the bar. Now I have to go back inside I gulped. I heard loud thuds and yelling. I was afraid Shanks might got hurt no I'm sure he's strong and can handle a situation like that.

I looked at the tavern's door and breathed out and in to get courage. Why did I have to leave my belongings inside. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside. The whole place was a mess but there was no fire I calmed down maybe my vision was wrong after all.

I saw Shanks sitting back to the bar. My backpack and bag was next to him luckily. I sighed and looked at him He was already staring at me ignoring the scolding he got from Makino. My eyes widened. shit he noticed me. His eyes were no longer comforting I saw him holding a paper in his hand. What is that a wanted poster? Is it his? I thought as I fully opened the door and awkwardly walked inside.

I just stood there not saying a word the air was very intense I could see the group of men laying on the ground all beaten up and whimpering in pain it was a gruesome scene. Did Shanks did this all? I was terrified now just his string is he.

Shanks finally spoke while standing up. "I think you have some explaining to do F/n or should I call you Y/n?" He looked at me raising an eyebrow.

it was nothing like comforting his glare now was scary and suspicious at me. I stepped back. Oh no..now he knows who I am my cover is blown. I looked around everyone was staring at me waiting for explanation. I was sweating.

Shanks showed me what was in his hands flipping the paper towards me. A wanted poster. My. wanted poster 50 000 000 belly. My eyes widened. I was about to say something but no words came out of my mouth. Shanks stood up and started walking closer to me. "I-i can explain" I finally managed to spat out a sentence. His glare was scary.

"I'm listening" he said as he stopped not too far away from me. I looked behind him there was my backpack but how am I supposed to get past him. Should I try? I probably won't succeed but if I ran now without it I most likely will die of starvation no it would be fine because I used to hunt for myself... but I can't leave those things here god damn it.

I totally forgot about shanks by now. But he reminded me with a fake cough. My eyes widened and I looked at him. "So? Who where these people why did you lie to me?" He said looking down at me.

I looked away in shame not wanting to be intimidated by shanks longer.
"Uh uhm I don't know" I said quietly.
"That's your explanation?" Shanks asked.

I looked at my shoes. "I was scared I guess" I said now telling the truth about why I lied. "And I myself don't know who these people are.." I said.
Shanks didn't say anything. He sighed. "Crew we're leaving now. It was good to see you Makino" he said turning his head back.

Benn gave me my backpack and shanks went out the door and I saw the others keep following shanks.
I just stood there.. and now what I'm I supposed to do.. "oi kid aren't you coming?" I heard Shanks shout.

I snapped my head towards the Tavern's entrances and I saw Shanks grinning. This dude really does forgive easily. "Come on don't make me kidnap you." He said jokingly. Jokingly right ? Or would he actually do it. I decided not to test it and just walked over to the door and went outside the Tavern.

_________________________

Thank you so much for reading <33
Votes and comments keep me motivated and I appreciate it a lot!

Word count: 1152

(Not edited)