Part 16

Letter

Me and Zoro made the seemingly perfect plan while I talk to Rayleigh he will attack him and held him down and then I'll take the crystal easy right? It's even better that Rayleigh doesn't know that I have someone who can help me. I finished
explaining the plan to Zoro.

"So what do you think? Good plan right?" I said proudly looking over my shoulder to glance at Zoro.
"Whatever makes you happy" Zoro murmured while standing up.

It took a while till we found Rayleigh he was sleeping under a tree. I signaled Zoro to get ready he hid behind a rock.

Rayleigh opened his eyes already looking at me. "Oh y/n I was waiting for you. It took you more time to find me today did anything happen?" He asked now sitting up a bit.

"Hmm no nothing special just helped a stranger" I shrugged. "I see" he said standing up I gave Zoro a sign that he can attack so he did and I also attacked him at the same time. I was about to reach the bag that was tied to his belt when he quickly disappeared and Zoro crashed into me.

I let out a yelp as Zoro let out a groan. I opened my eyes and I could see Zoro on top of me as I was laying on the ground I quickly looked around to see where did Rayleigh go. I heard a chuckle and I looked up Rayleigh was now on the tree.

"This was your best attempt too bad it didn't work" he said as he left. I sighed. Zoro got off of me. "I told you it wouldn't work"

"You didn't tell me shit" I barked back at Zoro and looked down on the ground. I was still sitting on the ground my clothes all dirty because I fell.

I could see Zoro's hand before me I held it and he helped me up.

"Maybe I should just give up I have to go back in a few days anyways" o sighed not looking at Zoro.
"Are you really about to give up when we were so close to just get it?" He asked I could hear the anger in his voice I was taken aback by his tone.

"I mean do you have any better idea"
I asked him ironically. "Oh yeah I should just ask him to give it to me" I said annoyed.
"I mean that's better than giving up" Zoro spat

"That's basically giving up" I wanted to hit him in the Head. But I mean I could try. I sighed "alright but first I'll help you get away from this island like I promised" I said grabbing zoro's arm and leading him to the harbor.

We bid goodbyes and I promised him when we meet again I'll beat him in a sword fight he didn't take me seriously but this will just add to the fun when I'll beat him.

_________________________

It was getting darker and colder again only three days till my birthday. I sighed as I walked to the house I was living in the couple few weeks time sure flies by fast especially when you're playing tag with an old men I'm really spending my teenage years like this ?

I noticed the small house next to the mountain the lights were turned on. Since I gave away all my money I couldn't buy him more drink nor food so I hope he won't kick me out and let me sleep in the house for one more day at least. I was nervous.

I knocked at the door and went inside. I saw Rayleigh reading the news paper he put it down the table and scanned me he probably noticed that I didn't had anything with me he probably expected to buy the drink and food.

I looked away in shame. And faked a cough. "Uhm so I ran out of money" I said. When I didn't hear an answer I looked at the old man he's face was unreadable. I gulped waiting for the worst.

"Where did your friend go?" he asked. "He had a to leave" I said now walking over the table and sitting down. Rayleigh just hummed in response as his attention was now on the newspaper again

"I have already made dinner so don't worry and you can keep the crystal" he said still not looking at me. My eyes widened did I hear it right? He's giving it to me? "But- I didn't win.." I said confused.

I was expecting everything but this. "I know most of the villagers and they told me that you gave away your last money" Rayleigh said now looking at me. "So I figured you won't be able to buy food" he continued. Then he gave me the newspaper.

New rookie pirate Portgas D. Ace got his hands on the flame flame fruit

I read the big letters in the news. My only question is how did Rayleigh figure out I know Ace. "I got a letter from shanks that Ace visited him and that your birthday is soon so you have to leave. "

I let out an oh now realizing how he found Out knows. "So look at the crystal as a birthday present I also had an amazing time playing hide and seek so I'm grateful" the older man said Laughing.

"What is your relationship with shanks?" I asked not knowing why shanks would send a letter to him.
"Old crew mate" he shrugged off. I just hummed signaling I understood.

_________________________

It was now morning when I bid my goodbyes to Rayleigh and packed my stuff I went to the harbor Rayleigh also gave me some money just in case something happens I thanked him and got my sailboat ready.

I was now on the sea the waves weren't too big they were okay. I looked at the sky it looked pretty fine just a few clouds. "Alright I had a great time to old man" I said to myself and smiled looking back at the island I was living on the previous couple of weeks.

__________________________

I hope you liked this chapter it took me a lot of motivation to finish lol.

Votes and comments are appreciated I'll try to respond to any questions and please if you find any mistake don't be shy tell me but not in a rude way.

This chapter is not that long sorry.

Word count:1083

(Unedited)