Part 26

Homesick

_________________________

Back to Y/N's POV

The waves were calm I held Shanks's Vivre card in my hand as I slowly looked in the direction it was facing o sighed what am I even doing he clearly doesn't want me there.

Well I'm stubborn so I'll go there anyways! I looked at Yuu who was still dragging degrees at me. "Oh come on it's not my fault Ace is such an ass" I rolled my eyes she was offended because I left Ace without telling him I'm leaving.

"Okay then what was I supposed to do?!" I asked leaning closer to her with a raised eyebrow. "Maybe you should have told him that you're a coward" the fox spat. my eyes widened as I stumbled backwards and fell on the ground. "SINCE WHEN CAN YOU TALK?!" I asked more like shouted to my fox friend.

"Since I was born, oh come on this isn't the point now." Am I going crazy? A sweat drop went down my forehead. "Well it's too late to do that now anyways.." i sat back straight again. I grabbed the necklace I've got from shanks on my first birthday in the crew and weakly smiled remembering.

I could now see an island i knew that was the one i will find Shanks and my life will change for better or worse.
I could feel the weather turn colder or maybe it was just the too much stress.

As I got closer to the island I noticed the red haired pirate's ship. I smiled reviewing all those memories I got from being with them. They were like a family to me that I longed for so long I was so happy but I guess nothing lasts forever.

As my sail boat hit the sand signaling I reached the island finally I jumped to the land and made sure my boat won't get taken by the waves. I sighed as I looked at the ship it didn't show any sign of human beings there so I assume they're all in the village and I'm sure as hell they're in a tavern.

It didn't take long for me to reach the mentioned place as I opened the door the place went quiet. I scanned through the place that's when I noticed a so familiar cloak and that so famous crimson hair. His head turning my way his eyes were dark like he was looking at a stranger.

His eyes were kinda puffy was he crying. "Why did you came back?!" He yelled all out of sudden making me flinch not expecting the quite place to suddenly be so loud.

I gulped collecting all my energy and courage not to faint right there I felt my legs get wobbly Shanks wasn't even using his haki on me but I felt terrified not of him maybe from those words that would leave his mouth in moments.

"I-I wanted to see you guys..." I said the start of my sentence mumbling but then raising my voice. I now noticed Ben standing next to shanks not making eye contact with me but looking at his captain holding his shoulder for support I assume.

"I DID NOT ASK YOU TO" Shanks yelled this time his eyes were full of rage or sadness I can't decide i have never in my life seen him like this.
"Marco said-"

"HE TOLD YOU THE TRUTH I DONT NEED YOU" he yelled this time throwing his booze my way I could have easily dodged it but I felt like I deserve it now I don't have a reason why but if the person that loves you hurts you they have their reason right? The glass broke on my head leaving me in pain and bleeding slightly I didn't mind.

The man's scared face went into a shocked one filled with worry but he
didn't say a word. "Leave.." he muttered as he turned his back towards me. I was hoping for an explanation but I guess this is it I'm just worthless and no longer needed on the ship.I shouldn't stand in their way I don't want to be a burden in their eyes.

I walked over to my ex captain and put something down on the bar stool. With that I left if I got my necklace for being a part of the crew I shall return it now if I leave right so I did just that.

I walked outside of the Tavern and finally fresh air hit my lungs well this is probably the beginning of a new adventure. I thought trying to be positive.

I was about to finally walk away from the tavern's door when I felt a large hand grab my wrist stopping me from walking away.

In that moment I wished it was shanks to tell me he was sorry and he was just joking all this time but I knew that was impossible as I turned around I saw Ben the right hand of Shanks. All my hope left me now. It's not that I'm not happy the slightest that at least he stopped me it's just I wanted him to apologize but he's just as stubborn as Luffy or Ace god damn them.

"Y/n please don't hold a grudge against shanks I can't ask you to forgive him but he does this to protect you" I let out a scoff. Now I feel how Ace probably felt when I said I wanted to protect him. "I don't need his protection and never needed-"
I looked at him with a cold face that perfectly represented how I felt that moment. I didn't.

Ben just wrapped his arms around me hugging me not trying to argue with me knowing damn well I'm just as stubborn as Shanks,Ace or Luffy. I smiled finally admitting it to myself.
I hugged him back. He kept apologizing when he didn't have to.

I patted his back unable to mutter any words fearing my voice would crack. I felt tears in my eyes but when Ben finally let go I could see the small tears in his eyes as well I smiled at that i thought he was unable to show emotion kind feeling special right now.

He put his arm on my shoulder as he muttered his final goodbye to me before he turned back walking inside of the tavern.

I went back to my sailing boat and got ready for my new adventure on my log pose i could see a new island's direction and I started sailing in its direction.

I put my hands in my pocket sighing and sitting down I looked up at the sun about three hours and it will go down totally I have enough food for about a week but knowing Yuu she will eat everything in a day. I hope I reach the island in time and don't starve to death.

I felt something in my pocket. "Huh?" I looked at my now sunbathing fox friend and then pulled out something from my pocket. I stared at the object..it was my necklace the same one I gave back to Shanks. "How.." then it hit me when Ben hugged me.

"THAT JERK SETTING ME UP LIKE THAT" I shouted waking my friend and getting a glare from her. I looked back into the island that was now barely visible. I sighed well I cannot return gif anymore so might as well keep it. It brings out my eyes and suit me anyways..

I put on my necklace and took on a comfortable position and enjoyed the waves and the sound of seagulls and smiled.

__________________________

Okay I know there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense right now but I promise it will later

(Unedited)

Word count:1306