17

"So... What was your name again?"
Tris asked stirring her drink with her staw.

"Aiko, Aiko Zhu..."
Aiko said looking down.
'This is so weird... Maybe I should have signed up... Wait! What if I sing too good and someone figures out I'm A.Z?! I'm not ready for that! So if I do sing I can sing badly on purpose... But that's embarrassing!'
Aiko's mind reeled with thoughts.

"So... Acorn. What do you like to do?"
Tris asked with a fake smile.

'A-acorn?!'
Aiko thought and she coughed.
'Did she miss hear me?! Oh I probably spoke too quietly... That's totally my fault, I won't correct her that's rude.'

"I play videogames and uh..."
Aiko thought for a moment.
'Tf can I say? Cosplay? No then she'd ask for an account. If I just said I didn't post that would seem a little weird... Singing? No then if be expected to sing karaoke... Why don't have have any actual hobbies?!'

"I like to d-draw."
She finished.

"Hm... Did you go to Monoma's party last week?"
Tris asked looking at her phone.

"I uh... No."
Aiko said. She didn't know who Monoma was, or that he was having a party but even if she did she wouldn't have attended.
She was starting to figure her and Tris wouldn't get along. Or rather Aiko and Tris. A.Z and Tris would probably have a lot to talk about but Aiko was sorta a homebody.

"Wow okay... The whole hero course was invited. Mina was there."
Tris said sipping her diet drink.
"So was a few people from your class, I'm surprised you didn't hear about it."

'Is she trying to make me jealous? It's not really working. Me and Nishi workshoped the adds for the concert that day and me and Mina weren't even really freinds then.'

"Well I probably wouldn't have gone even if I did know about it. Parties aren't really my scene-"
Aiko said with a shrug and didn't miss Tris's eyeroll.

"Hey! Aiko! Tris! are you gonna sign up?"
Mina asked sitting back down.

"N-no probably not. I don't really love singing infront of people."
Aiko said.
It wasn't a lie. She didn't Love it. But it wasn't something that gave her much anxiety. It was weird.
Conversation made her heart race and she always thought she was doing something wrong when hanging out with a group of people.

But standing infront of them and singing didn't bother her as much. Aiko knew she must be good if she was a famous top charter. So she felt like she was doing something right when she sang.
She also started from a younger age. Before she died her grandma always paid for singing lessons and Aiko would occasionally sing at showcases for the studio.

But Mina and Tris didn't have to know that.

"Oh come on! I'll sing with you! It can be a duet! Tris and Noriko are doing one!"
Mina said switching to sit next to Aiko.

"I am?! Oh I don't know if my anxiety- I- I really don't know guys...."
Tris said panting slightly. Aiko didn't want to assume Tris didn't have anxiety.

But she didn't think Tris had actual anxiety.
She didn't want to assume she was faking it, but maybe she just confused being nervous and having anxiety.
Nonetheless Tris just throwing the term around agravated Aiko a little bit.

"Well if you're uncomfortable I don't think Noriko will make you!"
Aiko said trying to comfort her.

"Yeah! I'll do it with her if you won't!"
Mina agreed.
"Or Aiko could!"
Mina volunteered Aiko like it was nothing.

"What song is it?"
Tris asked with her hand on her heart.

"Prom queen by A.Z."
Mina said with a smile.

'Fucking what-'

Tris sighed.
"I do like that song..."
She said wistfully.

"You do?"
Aiko asked surprised.
'She listens to my music-'

"Of course I do."
Tris snapped.
"Who doesn't?"
She rolled her eyes and Aiko shrunk down regretting saying anything.
Mina looked between the two of them eyes nerrowed as though she was finally watching Tris's behavior towards Aiko.
She didn't say anything but realized she might need to keep an eye on the situation.

The absolute last thing Mina wanted was to make Aiko uncomfortable. Tris was nice so she thought that wouldn't happen today.
But maybe Tris is nice to Mina and not everyone.

"I love all of A.Z's music! Aiko does too we talked about it on the way over here! She literally knows the lyrics to every song! It's amazing!"
Mina said hyping Aiko up.

'Thats because I fucking wrote them-'

"I just listen to music a lot, I have all of her songs on my Playlist."
Aiko shrugged.

"Wow."
Tris said with absolutely no enthusiasm.
"Anyone can learn the lyrics but you have to be a certain type of person to actually relate to her. Just Listening doesn't make you an actual fan."

'Is she gatekeeping my music?'

Mina laughed.
"What does that mean? I think anyone can be a fan!"

"Well I disagree, but whatever."
Tris said.
Aiko noticed how Tris would say things to contradict or put her down when she got the chance but when she started to disagree with Mina she'd stop and move on.

'Yeah she doesn't seem to like me that much.'
Aiko concluded.

The conversation moved on and Mina started to think that maybe she was wrong and got worried over nothing.

"Okay and then we took the fake IDs to the club and the guy didn't even ask for them! We just walked right in the door so I guess I really do look eighteen."
Tris talked a lot and told many stories that Aiko wasn't really interested in.
She seemed to see herself as a fast-paced rebel when she was actually an average teenager.

"And like three different college guys paid for my drinks. They all seemed head over heels for me even though I was just playing around with them!"
She laughed.

"Isn't that kinda mean? Leading them on like that I mean?"
Aiko asked and Noriko scoffing from her phone was the only sign she was actually listening.

"What? Oh my god you're like soooo precious I can't! It doesn't really matter sweetie. It's just flirting."
Tris said, she spoke down to Aiko. Like she was a young child that wouldn't understand something as complex as flirting.

"Anywayys I got Soo drunk and ended up almost hooking up with this guy named Darren but then my current boyfriend showed up and beat the shit outta him!
And I was like 'Hey you can't control my life' and he was all like 'don't fucking cheat on me Tris!'
and I was just like 'whatever! It's my life! What are you gonna do?!' And then he broke up with me! Can you believe it?!"

"Men."
Noriko scoffed and Mina shook her head in disappointment while humming.

'What world does she live in?!'
Aiko thought in shock. When would that be okay?!
If it was a predetermined open release or something then fine but as far as Aiko could tell it probably wasn't.

"I know right?! So I was depressed for like a month and actually was addicted to getting high and shit. Like I know it's bad for you but it helps me to like escape you know?"
Tris sighed.

'Wait drugs?! How is she actually a UA student?! That's illegal!'

"Are you still uh..."
Mina asked probably getting the same idea, she would totally get expelled if a teacher so much as smells it on her. UA has crazy high standards for all students.

"Of course not! I'm not dumb! I got over it in a few months before the entrance exam."

'Can you just 'get' over an actual addiction in a few months? Or maybe she got help?  I geuss everyone is different...'