76

"Aiko please! Please slow down!"

Aiko stopped and let the blonde male catch up with her. He was gasping from chasing her all the way from UA. She crossed her arms but didn't turn around.

Listening to his breath as he huffed, slowing down his pace to stop behind Aiko.

"Geez you're fast."
Denki Kaminari gasped.

Yes. Denki, Not Monoma. Aiko had actually managed to avoid even looking at Monoma all day. The only person she was avoiding that actually managed to catch up with her was Denki Kaminari. Who now hand his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.
"Woo."
He said, standing back up.
"Hey, I know you don't really like me right now but I'm-"
Aiko interrupted Denki, She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head in his chest.

"Oh... Okay this is not what I was expecting to happen."
Denki mumbled, placing his hands on her shoulders gently, looking down at her.
"Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Aiko didn't answer, keeping her face against his chest. She knew if she spoke she would cry, and if she cried it would end up raining. Then her and Kaminari would be stuck in a storm and it would be all her fault.
Denki didn't say anything else, just held her against him and ran his hands through her hair.

He wasn't super good at this, comforting people and shit. He never really knew what to say. He scared of messing up and saying something wrong. Especially when he didn't know why she was so upset.

"I'm sorry..."
Aiko said quietly.

"Huh?"
Denki hummed, looking up at the sky. The greyish clouds slowly moving in the wind. The birds that flew over them above the buildings.

"I'm sorry... I... I should've listened to you... You tried... I'm so stupid Denki I-"

"Woah h-hey."
He bent forward, leaning closer to her and holding her tighter.
"What did he do? Aiko did he hurt you? Aiko please answer me."

"No! No he didn't! He wouldn't hurt me! He just..."
Aiko sniffled. Why was she so set on defending him? Though she was right, Neito would never actually hit Aiko. Just cheat and manipulate her. That's all.
"He and... And Tris... They..."

"It's okay, I think I understand. I am so so sorry Aiko. I really wish I had done something I wish I-"

"But you did! And I-I didn't listen! I'm such an idoit, I don't know why I didn't listen! I'm so stupid, I thought he liked me! I thought... I thought he loved me, he lied! I... I..."
Aiko sobbed, gripping Denki's shirt in her fist.

"No, you're not stupid Aiko! Please don't say that! Please... It's not your fault, it was him. He lied to you Aiko, you trusted him and he betrayed you! You're not stupid for trusting someone Aiko..."

"But I am. He gave me to reason to trust him! I just did it... I... This wouldn't have happened if I had just..."
She sniffled her words caught in her throat.
"If I had just slept with him he wouldn't have gone to her... We would still be together..."

"What?! No. Aiko that's not how relationships work! You don't have sex with someone just so they'll stay with you! You're supposed to do that when... When you feel comfortable with them... You know? When you love them..."
He said, he hoped she wouldn't do anything that she'll regret. That she wouldn't go back with him and sleep with him when she didn't want to.
"You were right to reject him. Especially after this, you're not stupid Aiko."

"Yes I am! Denki you don't understand, it was so obvious. There were so many things he said, things he did that I shouldn't have taken."
Aiko looked up and Denki's heart jolted at the sight of her big teary eyes.

He felt choked up just looking at her while she was upset. Her dark brown eyes looked almost black in the dim stormy light. Her tears shinning like lightning against her dark skin.

"I hate him..."
She whimpered. She looked up at him with big eyes, staring at him. To his lips and back up to his golden eyes.

"Aiko..."
Denki said cautiously. His heart pounding as he watched her. She was looking at him, looking like she was considering something.
She inched just slightly closer, gaze locked on his lips.

"A-Aiko don't!"
Denki leaned back, eyes wide.
"P-please... Please don't do it because you're mad at him, please don't do this just to get back at him."

He said, holding her waist. He leaned forward and hid his face in her hair.
"Because I would let you... Aiko Zhu I would let you do whatever you wanted to me if I thought it would make you happy. So please... Please don't do this to me..."
He whispered hoarsely.

"I'm sorry! I-I'm so sorry! I don't know what I was thinking! I'm so horrible! I'm so-"

"No! it's okay Aiko. Y-you're just upset, you're upset and mad and you want to get back at him. I get that! But maybe you shouldn't... Do that. Especially don't try it with any other guys! Yeah Please don't."
He suggested and Aiko shook her head.

"Yeah! Yeah I'm sorry!"
Aiko flushed, hiding her face in embarrassment.

"Yeah... So uh, you wanna hangout? Maybe we can go get the others and-"

"I- I don't really wanna... Wanna talk to the others, at least not today."
Aiko looked down in shame.

"Alright, I guess I get that... So uh, do you still wanna hang out? Like, Just the two of us?"
He asked nervously.

"Yeah! sure!"
She smiled up at him, excited for the first time all day.