102

The crowd mummered as the audience found their seats and chattered to each other. Aiko could have seen her classmates, if she had peeked through the curtains. But she was too nervous to do that.

She fidgeted with her sweater, she was nervous about over heating in it, despite the fact that it was lightweight and made from breathable threads.
She took in steadying deep breaths. She just needed to focus on the music.

The lights dimmed and the curtain closed, preparing for the preformers to get in position.
Once they were closed Aiko and the band behind her walked on.

They'd had a local band play a few songs while people were coming in, they also gave them free seats in the fourth row. The teens were nice and fans of Aiko. She met with them with her mask on before the show started.

Had they been nervous? Of course they were. But they had several gigs before this, they were fairly popular and they were the first and only band that Aiko had asked.

She walked to the center of the stage, they were starting off with old songs. Easy songs. Comforting songs, she knew them by heart and so did most of the crowd.
She bounced on her toes.

She glanced to the side at Nishi who nodded and mouthed 'You're live'

Her Mic was hot. She tried to quiet her breaths but a few deep ones echoed through the auditorium. The people in the crowd began to tingle in anticipation. Each breath turning a few hundred people's attention to the stage.

Then music played through the speakers, drowning out her breaths. A low strumming sound began to Echo through the air as the popular song started to play.

Aiko took in a slow breath as she listened to the melody. It was extended, made to get the attention of the crowd before she began singing.

She closed her eyes, basking in the hot lights of the stage.

This was it.

She was about to sing, live, infront of more people than she ever had before in her life.

"I... kinda wanna throw my across the room."

Her voice was steady but nervous as she began. Singing the familiar lines.

The curtains started to inch open, and the crowd roared. Only Aiko couldn't hear it, or at least it was serverly muffled. Which was good, the applause would have thrown her off the rhythm.

"Cus all I see are girls to good to be true. With paper white teeth and perfect bodies, wish I didn't care I know their... beauty's not my lack."

Aiko turned as the curtain fully opened, she had one rule for herself.

Don't. look. down.

If she saw their faces she would probably panic. If she saw someone she knew it would be over.

So she looked above them. Into the shadows. Nishi and Hotoki had been right. The lights were so bright they drowned out everyone behind the first five rows.

"But it feels like that weight is on my back, and I can't let it go."

She started to walk forward as the platforms the band was on inched forward, into the light. Coming into the spot lights on small wheels that Nishi was controlling.

As the music picked up Aiko started to move. She currently didn't have a microphone in her hands, she had one in her mask. She clapped her hands once as she started to work herself up. Both physically and mentally.