37

The dance or rather "Prom" even though it wasn't the typical season for it.
Was fast approaching. Aiko and Kaminari weren't going to coordinate their outfits since neither of them ready planned on buying clothes for the event. Kaminari already had a dress shirt, pants and shoes and Aiko had several dresses as did Nishi who immediately volunteered her collection to Aiko when she heard about the dance.
They weren't the exact same size all the way but Nishi had several dresses that would work fine.
They already had a fashion show earlier and had several cute options.

Aiko was actually excited, she normally didn't go to dances but this time it might be fun. She knew a lot of people here and she wasn't going single. No one was actually, seems like everyone she knew had a date.
And so did she! She figured Kaminari wouldn't leave her alone for too long, even if it was just so everyone knew he had a date and didn't come alone. But he was funny and would make sure she was happy.
At least she hoped so.

"I'm totally stoked! I wonder if they'll get Mic to DJ?! I heard it was a side gig of his!"
Denki said, the class buzzed after their English class. Aiko was currently on her way up the stairs so she wasn't here currently.

"Well you're just lucky Aiko volunteered to follow you around."
Jirou said, looking at her phone.

"Y-yeah I guess... But who wouldn't want to go with me! I'm awesome!"
He said with a faked smile.
He loved his friends but sometimes... Sometimes they mad him feel really insecure. He knew he wasn't the smartest guy, and he did flirt a lot. But they sometimes made it seem like he was constantly a perverted idoit who was only there for comedic relief or something.
Like they didn't really care if he was there or not.

He knew Jirou was just kidding around when she said stuff like this. But it still kinda hurt him you know?
Not that he could say that, he jokes around so much him saying anything serious at this point would be weird. Plus he could take it.
All he had to do was smile.

"Yeah sure."
Jirou scoffed.

Just smile.

"But just remember she totally asked you out of pity."

Keep smiling, just laugh it off.

"Right, but I wouldn't want to go alone like some loser."
He said looking at Jirou.
"I mean at least someone actually asked me."
He said, he didn't know why but he really wanted to hurt her like she was doing to him, but she didn't take it like that. She thought he was joking because she was.

"Yeah, well I'd rather go dateless than get stuck with you."
Jirou responded with a laugh.
This was all a joke to her, just banter. But every jab hurt him, just a little. Just enough to make his low self-esteem slightly lower. Adding straws to the back of a already heavily loaded camel.

"I'm sure Aiko will have fun!"
Kirishima said with a smile.
"Denki's a funny guy."

'Yep... I'm a funny guy! That's it...'

Just keep on smiling.
"Thanks bro! See someone gets it!"
Denki slung a arm around Kirishima's shoulder. He had to be funny, all the time because at this point it was his identity. They just saw him as a class clown.

"Honestly I'm surprised she asked so early, if I was her I'd make sure I was totally dateless before agreeing to this."
Mina said.
"Mean she's totally adorable! There's no way there aren't any guys interested in her!"

'That one guy seemed interested in her.'
Neito Monoma. Denki didn't know much about the guy, he went to the same middle school as him but different classes so all her knew about him was from rumors.
But he seemed like a total dick.
Plus he dated Tris, which is a total red flag.

"I don't think they are anymore actually, something happened in the hallway. They seemed really tense, and cold."

That's what Aiko told him.
He wasn't sure what happened, probably some couple fight or something. But it probably wouldn't last, they'd be back to flirting in no time.

"I mean Maybe there are, they're just too chicken to ask her out you know?"
Sero shrugged.

"Maybe."