Chapter 12

"Come on, we're going to be late." I said in the door frame.

"It's dinner not a meeting with the queen. Relax." He said hardly even looking up from his papers.

"The most uptight person in this temple is telling me to relax." I said pointing out the irony.

"I'm hardly uptight." He said shaking his head clearly very focused.

"Have you met you?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Rude." He said getting up from the desk where he had been working on an assignment.

"Let's go." I said shaking my head but he caught me by the wrist as I tried to go through the door. He pulled me back inside and shut the door behind me.

"I wish you would slow down." He said placing my arm around his neck. His arms hooked around my lower back and I saw a devilish smile on his face.

"Jun." I said eyeing him while trying to hold back a smile.

"I would love it if you just let me look at you." He said in a low voice.

"We have places to be." I said with a huff though I knew my cheeks were probably bright red.

"Listen, I can finally look at you like how I want to. Can I enjoy that?" He asked me and I just looked up at him with a smirk on my face though I tried to hide it.

"You look at me the same way you did before." I said shaking my head.

"Oh no, very differently. Sure I could look at you, but I never thought about doing this." He said before leaning down and pressing his warm lips against mine.

I felt my back arch as he pulled me in and I let him kiss me. He didn't move very fast but he made sure to pull me in closer with every second. I was very aware of his hands that were pulling at the very bottom of my back. My lips moved against his and I felt my body relax a little bit.

"Now I'm ready." He said pulling back and hooking his arm around my neck.

He pulled me into the hallway and I just shook my head as he walked out like it was nothing. I knew my cheeks were hot as we walked through the very empty halls. I looked up at him and I saw him walk with a smile on his face. One I had grown used to seeing.

"You ready for exams next week?" He asked me as we walked down some stairs.

"No, I however am looking forward to a few days off." I said which was true. I wasn't going to fail them but I knew it was going to be rough and I didn't want to disappoint Jun or anyone else for that matter.

"I mean do you really think we're going to have a total vacation?" He asked and I knew he would have planned lessons during our off time.

"Jun. Could you have let me just enjoy that thought for even a minute before stomping on it like a brush fire?" I said with a sarcastic tone.

"I'm just saying. You and I have a lot of plans." He said and I looked up at him because his tone was off.

"Is that so?" I asked flatly.

"Lots of 1 on 1 sessions." He said and I couldn't believe he said that out loud like that. Surely I know that wasn't uncommon for us but the way he said it could have come off so wrong.

"Jun." I said elbowing him because if he made comments like that as we neared the dining hall others would hear.

We hadn't disclosed our little situation because frankly, I didn't know what it was. We were enjoying ourselves and spending a lot of time together in the process even more than usual. Sometimes it was just our normal studying sometimes it was cuddled up on the couch for a nap.