Chapter 28

"Makio, turn off the light. You've got to come to bed." Jun said in a concerned tone.

"I will just give me a second." I said brushing him off as my back was hunched over his desk.

"You said the same thing two hours ago. I let you get it out of your system now let's go." He said a little harsher.

"Jun I can't just stop in the middle of these formations. I'll forget everything and have to start over." I said argumentatively.

"Good thing we don't leave for 3 days." He said as he walked up and flicked off the light on the desk and my head snapped up towards him. "Get out of those stupid robes and get in bed."

"Jun, these formations matter!" I shouted towards him as I stood up going after him. "People's lives depend on me-"

"That's where you stop." He said flipping around and placing a finger over my mouth. "You cannot go into this with the mentality that if someone dies it's on your back. If you do that then you shouldn't be going."

"That's not-"

"Get. Undressed. For bed. Now." He said grabbing my face and looking down at me quite sternly, but he was by no means hurting me, he was just being firm.

I huffed and pushed his hands away with a heavy sigh to follow. I walked over to the small set of drawers Jun had given me to use and went to where I kept my sleepwear. I fished out what I needed and set it along the top of the dresser. I looked over my shoulder to see Jun flicking the light on and looking at what I had done. He looked calm as he read it over but I knew he was worried about those plans as well. We were responsible for a lot and it was given to us both.

I turned back away and started to undress. Even though I knew Jun would keep his eyes to himself, it was still odd to get changed when he was merely feet away. I pulled my robes from around me and let them hit the floor and removed my bra and my back felt entirely exposed. I looked over my shoulder again and I saw him still looking down at the table not even attempting to look this way.

I continued to get undressed and pull a large oversized shirt of his over my body and I could feel the ends of the fabric hit me at mid thigh. I took off my stiff pants and replaced them with a loose pair of joggers. Normally I'd wear shorts, but it was starting to get cold at nights with winter nearing closer and closer.

I looked back over and saw Jun just as he was flicking off the light again. I picked up my clothes to go put them away in a hamper, but he grabbed them from me and took them for me. I watched with my arms crossed and he came back over, but stopped just a few feet in front of me. He imitated my stance and crossed his arms leaving us at a stand still.

"You're like a child who throws a fit when they're told to go to bed." He pointed out.

"Jun, my mind is elsewhere. All of this falls on my back. My idea, my plans, my powers. Not to mentioned I have to convince Luna who had it out for me the last time she was here." I complained.

"We'll have some of the Masters and even Midori with us Makio, it's not like you're going solo into this. We have your back." He said shaking his head.

"I know Jun I just... I don't know. I know this is the right thing to do, but how to do it is where I'm a completely lost." I said wanting to pull my hair out from stress.

"I understand that, but that is a problem for tomorrow. While we can get our rest, we need it." He said and I knew he was right.

"Fine." I said frankly know I was exhausted.

"Good girl." He said and I stood there shocked as he walked over and kissed the top of my forehead.

I didn't respond because his words had sent a chill up my back I couldn't shake. In a swift motion he bent down further and picked me up with his left arm and as my legs wrapped around him his right arm came to my waist. I held on to his shoulders and just looked down at him.