Goodbye

"Zen!" I heard the youngest Kryptonian say as she flew over with her mother. "That was fucking awesome!"

"Ruby! Language!" Sam said clumsily landing on the ground. "But that was pretty fucking awesome though."

I chuckled, "hey guys. How's it going?" I tried to move but I couldn't. If I did, the pain would probably cause me to pass out.

"Are you ok?" Sam asked.

"For the most part. How are you two doing?"

"I'm great." Ruby answered.

"I'm a little numb." Sam crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't know who I feel about any of this."

"I'm sorry about not telling you I was training Ruby." I said trying to lift myself up a bit but I was still drained.

"I'm sorry too Mom. I just knew you would say no if I asked. It's easier to asked for forgiveness then permission."

Sam pulled Ruby in for a tight hug. That reminded me of what I was fighting for. I managed to sit up, barely. Both mother and daughter helped me to my feet. The pain was unbearable but not enough anymore to make me pass out.

"Ruby did you feel him?" I asked.

"Who?"

"My son."

"You felt him?" Sam asked. "When?"

"During the fight. He was raising his power level. You didn't feel him?"

"I felt something but I didn't know it was your son."

"I have to go to him." I said trying to walk away but failed. I fell to the ground in pain.

"We need to get you back to the DEO. Your in no condition to go off on your own right now. Your son is here on Earth, we know that now. We'll find him but first you need to heal." Sam said wrapping one of my arms around her neck for support.

Ruby had my other side.

"Thank you ladies. I'm in worse shape than I thought." The next thing I know I black out.

-

Ruby and Sam made it back to the DEO and placed the blacked out Saiyan on an empty gurney. They went over to Kara's room and the closer they got they noticed the emotion throughout the building. The mixture of sadness, anger, confusion etc. You could also hear the sniffles and sobs.

The blonde Kryptonian no longer had a pulse.

Both Alex and Lena were emotional wrecks. They were both at Kara's side, holding her hands and begging for her to return to them.

"I have some information that you need to know." Ruby said walking into the med bay.

"Please kid." Alex said not looking away from her sister. "Not know."

"Oh your gonna want to hear this." Ruby said walking further into the room so both women could see her. "Mom and I found Rhea's ship and I hacked it. There is some good info here."

"Wait,what do you mean you hacked it?" Lena said between sobs.

"We don't have time for details. I need you ladies to step aside for me please and remove any machines she might be hooked up to."

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Time is of the essence. Quickly." She gestured towards the sun lamps.

Once everything was cleared Ruby mimicked Zen's actions from before. She placed the scouter on Kara's chest and pumped twice. As witnesses, the scouter injected the serum into her chest.