Hope

Back at the DEO I made my way to where our pods were being kept and rummaged through the items in Anderson's pod. I removed everything that wasn't needed for this mission.

"Ruby I'm gonna leave you my keys. After we leave will you take Anderson's things to my apartment?"

"Sure thing. Oh and I pinpointed the area where I felt your son's energy. I will also go and check for him." She gave a small smile.

I returned it. I wish I could go look myself but time is of the essence. This planet needs its champion and although a month seems like a lot of time but when your traveling through space, you never know. That and the fact that the scouter hasn't found a sun that is close to solar flaring and doesn't have planets dependent on it.

Everything was cleared out of the pod except for one small compartment. I opened it and out rolled a vile of blue liquid.

"You sneaky little shit. You've had this all along."

The blue vile was our healing elixir. I shoved it in my pod and went to retrieve Kara's body.

Both sister and wife haven't left the blondes side. Although they have hope in their eyes the atmosphere was still tense.

"It's time." I simply said.

Alex hugged her sister and whispered something in her ear.

Lena too huge Kara then kissed her lips and forehead before too whispering in her ear. She then gave me a small smile but was still holding back tears.

"I'll do my best to bring her back. I promise." I looked to them both then picked the blonde up gently.

They all followed me to the pods. I placed Kara in the second pod, placed my scouter on the control panel in my pod, hit some buttons and both pods started up. Hovering a foot off the ground, the pods synced up. Now that everything was ready to go I pulled Ruby aside.

"Ruby, there is a big possibility that I won't make it home. If I screw up the process I'm finished. If that does happen and you manage to find my son, please tell him that I love him and we'll meet again one day."

"I will."

"Thank you." I pulled her into a hug.

"Safe travels." She said with a tiny smile.

With that I got in my pod and gave one finally look at everyone. The door was sealed shut and pods rose higher and higher, 5 feet of the ground and the pods took off into the cosmos.

I pulled the elixir out and rubbed it on my hands. The elixir bagan to glow the more I rubbed, then it became slightly thicker, more like a gel. I rubbed the gel like consistency on my right rib cage, front and back. The minute the elixir made contact with my skin the pain began to dissipate and the healing of that area began. The rest of my body wasn't as bad as my ribs, so time will heal the rest.

Now releasing Nitrous Oxide.

My vision began to blur and my eyelids grew heavy.

-

Ruby watch as the pod left the atmosphere. "Mom, you want to come with me to see if we can find Skyler."

Sam nodded her head, "but afterwards we need to have a serious conversation young lady."

"I understand."

They both flew off in the direction where she had previously felt Skyler's energy. It was a huge grass field where they landed. It was in this general area where it was felt. Ruby took a deep breath and concentrated. She was getting good at sensing energy so she remembered what the boy's felt like.