Reunion

We're finally home. As earth grew closer I couldn't help but feel emotional. "Finally. After so long." I was excited. "I'll see you soon."

Kara had fallen asleep just before we entered the Milky Way. She gets cranky when I wake her up form her nap so I just let her be.

We entered the atmosphere of the blue planet and that's when I felt him. My son's energy. At that moment I wished the pods would go faster, I wanted nothing more then to hold my baby boy.

The pods landed in the same field were Rhea met her demise. It felt good to be back. I stretched my body out and took deep breaths. After a few minutes energies were headed our way. Sam and Ruby's included. Another few minutes go by and helicopters could be heard.

"Here we go." I said straightening myself out.

The helicopters landed one by one. Everyone was here. Alex, J'onn, Winn, James, Eliza, Mon-El, even Barry and Oliver were here. There was also a man and woman I've never seen before. The man had Kryptonian energy. "Where's he been all this time?" And right next to them stood Lena, Sam, Ruby and in her arms was-

"My baby." My heart leaped for joy, jumping out of my chest and a beating at a rapid pace.

Ruby flew over to me and smiled.

"I'm glad your back." Ruby's smile went form ear to ear. "He's been waiting for you."

"Mommy." My baby cooed with his arms out stretched for me.

My whole body was shaking with excitement as I pulled the boy into my arms. I looked him over as he kicked his little legs. He has definitely grown, he looks more and more like Layla's mini me. I pulled him in for a big bear hug, I squeezed him so hard a tiny whimper escape his lips.

"I'm so sorry my boy. Mommy missed you so much." I said in between sobs. "I love you so much."

He wrapped his little arms around my neck. "Mommy."

At that moment my world was complete. My son was finally in my arms. Nothing can ruin this day.

"Where's Kara?" Both Alex and Lena asked in unison.

Well...that ruined it.

"She's asleep in the pod." I looked to my son and smiled at him.

I made my way back to the pod and opened the door. It hissed and revealed the blonde in her slumber.  Everyone crowded again.

"Kara." I said gently nudging her leg. "Kara it's time to wake up." But I got no response. This was normal. When pregnant with a Saiyan child sleep is crucial.

"Why is she responding!" Alex was quick to push past me.

I didn't let her get very far, I pulled her back and she looked at me in the eye. She was hurting I could see it and feel it.

"Kara is in a deep sleep. There is only one way to wake her up but you all might want to cover your ears."

They all looked at me funny but did as they were told.

I filled my lungs with air. "KARA! WAKE UP!"

The blond began to stir, she mumbled something but slipped right back to sleep.

"Kara. We're home." I said.

She stirred once again, "home." She mumbled. "Home. We're home!"

I giggled and helped her out of the pod.

She stretched her body. "Man this feels so good." She looked to my arms and she smiled. "He beautiful."

"Kara?" Lena said from behind me.