The Son

It had been a week since Kara and the Saiyan had left earth and Lena hasn't been able to focus on anything lately. No matter what she did to try to focus, she just couldn't. With Kara's absence she finds herself staring out the large windows of her office a lot.

"Lena are you ok?" Sam asked as she finished up what she was doing on her laptop.

"I miss her." Lena simply said.

"I know you do." Sam gave a concerned look.

"There is no way of knowing if Zen was successful in her mission. Did she manage to bring Kara back in time?"

"I can't answer that question but if there is one thing I know about Supergirl and these hero types is that they always wins in the end."

"But this time Kara didn't. Her heart stopped. Rhea actually killed her. I just can't help but think that some how something went wrong." Lena's mind raced. Thinking about every possibility of failure. It had been to long without any word form Zenara for Lena's liking.

Beep Beep Beep!

Lena looked at her phone Scouter, hoping it was Zen and Kara's energy but it wasn't. "Oh my God."

"What? Is it them?"

"No. It's Skyler's energy."

This was the first time his energy lasted on the radar. With this new info Lena pulled up the other blips of the boy's energy on her phone. The more she looks over the little bit of info, she seemed to notice something.

The first signal of the boy came from National City, the next came from Metropolis area. It went back and forth a few times but this last one stood out to her. This energy signals came from an area she knows for a fact was a secret lab belonging to none other than her brother.

"We should go." Sam said.

"We'll take the helicopter."

By the time said helicopter was ready for take off the energy signal disappeared but that wasn't gonna stop Lena. She knew exactly where his energy was and is determined to find the boy. She just hopes the boy will still be there by the time she gets to the outskirts of Metropolis.

The whole way there Lena was nervous, nervous for a few reasons. One, will she actually find Skyler or is this just a waist of time. Second, if she does find him, she has nothing prepared for a baby. Well in this case, a toddler. An alien toddler at that.

She put the thoughts aside as they pulled up to an abandoned warehouse. She grabbed Glock out of the glove compartment.

"What the hell is that for?" Sam asked.

"For whatever forces are keeping that boy." Lena concealed her Glock on her waist line. Soon after Ruby landed next to the car. "Ruby!? What are you doing here? This could be dangerous."

"I felt Skyler's energy, so I wanted to help." The teen paused and looked to the drivers seat. "Hi mom."

"Hey kid." Sam smiled getting out of the car. "Alright let's get this done." Sam was actually ready for a fight.

Right then a side door swung open and hit the metal wall, creating a loud bang.

All three of their instincts kicked in. The young halfling swiftly jumped in font of Lena to protect her. Sam got into a fighting stance and Lena being a Luther, she pulled the Glock out of her waist band and aimed at whoever was coming their way.

Lena lowered her weapon and placed a calming hand on Ruby's shoulder. The person walking out with a toddler in her arms was the eldest Luther.

"Mother?"

Lillian turned to the voice as soon as she realized it wasn't her son.

The youngest Luther's jaw and heart dropped at the sight of the boy with a tail. He really does look like her. Just really blue eyed.

"Lena, thank God."

"What are you doing here?" Lena asked not taking her eyes off of the kid.

Lena didn't know how to react to this moment. There in front of her was an alien baby that resembled her but didn't shear D.N.A.

"Skyler?" Lena chocked up. Her heart melted the second the boy smiled at her.

"Take him." Lillian rushed over to Lena. "Take him and go! Lex doesn't know I took him. Get as far away from hear as possible."

"Why are you doing this?"

"There isn't time to explain just go and protect yourself." Lillian handed the kid over to Lena. 

This was the first time since Ruby was born that she's held a child. Tears began to form in her eyes.

"Go! Now!" Lillian said pushing Lena away from the building.

Lena took off towards the helicopter with Ruby and Sam at her heels. They made there way out of there as fast as they could. Lena took them to one of her save houses. The boy sat still in her lap, occasionally pointing at random things down below. Every time he did, he babbled something. Lena's smile grew each time.

Once they landed safely, they all entered the home. This safe house wasn't anything fancy, just a beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin in the woods, hundreds of miles away from Metropolis.

Both Sam and Ruby made sure Lena had everything she needed before heading back to National City.