Fucked Up

Zenara's POV

I could feel Kara's energy begin to stir, indicating she was waking up.

If there is anything I've learned from my time on Earth and my previous battle is that Kara's power comes from the yellow sun and her weakness is Kryptonite. I looked out the window to the red sky and wondered how true all that information was. Kara's power level was through the roof, a lot higher then when we were on Earth.

I walked over to my bed, sat and waited. She continued to stir, moving around and then eventually stretching out her body.

Her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning Goldilocks." I said taking a bite out of a fruit the locals gave me.

The fruit they gave me was really good. It was tangy with a slight sweetness to it. Blue in color but the inside was green. They had seeds in the center that were yellow. This was a cool looking fruit. I took another bite and this time the fruit tasted a little sweeter.

"Look alive Kara."

The blonde sat up and stretched out her body again. "What happened?" She asked looking around. "Where are we?"

"A lot has happened since you blacked out." I told her what had happened during her time out of commission. I could tell she was mixed with a lot of emotion, which is totally understandable. She had died. Along with others.

Tears were rolling off her cheeks but her facial expression stayed blank. "What happened after you revived me?"

"Not sure, I blacked out from all the energy I used up. But when I woke up we were on a ship being monitored. We landed here yesterday." I paused and looked at Kara.

"You trust them?" She asked.

"They did save us from floating around in space."

"I guess that's true."

"Here. Eat this."

I tossed a fruit her way and she looked it over. She looked to me for reassurance but I got the vibe that the reassurance wasn't for the fruit.
I could tell Kara was still trying to wrap her head around everything that happened but eventually she bit into the fruit and her face light up a little. "This is amazing!"

"What's amazing is that this one fruit will fill you up till your next meal. It's got all the nutrients we need." I finished my fruit and stood up from my bed.

"We have to go back home, we can't stay here." Kara said as she took another bit.

"Look, we haven't been able to locate my space pods. My scouter was destroyed during the solar flare so locating them is hard."

"Is there another way to reach home. To let everyone know that I'm alive."

"No. But they're working on the scouter as we speak, so as soon as they're done we'll be able to locate the pods and bring them here. Hopefully they aren't to far." I decided to leave it at that and walked out of the room. Leaving her to finish her fruit and change her clothes.

Once outside the locals were talking amongst themselves. These little dog-like people stand at 4 feet tall and have little fur on there bodies except around the face.

Kara finally came outside and everyone gathered around her. I watched and focused on Kara's energy. There seems to be a few things about the blonde the are different but I can't quit put my finger on all of them but one I could.

The blonde walked up to me as soon as the kids ran off and continued playing. "The sun. It's like Krypton's. If anything happens I can't help much, I don't have my powers."