The Fortress

I took Kara in my arms and flew off towards the DEO. Once there I immediately took her to the Med bay and placed her on the gurney. "I'll get you some food. I'll be back."

With that, I flew to the nearest pizzeria for 10 boxes of pizza. Then I went to a Chinese restaurant for 100 potstickers. I figured I'd get her her favorite foods being that she's doing all the hard work of creating a little life.

About an hour and a half later I came back with her food. Little man had fallen asleep while we were waiting for the pizza.

When I landed on the balcony everyone was already here. Everyone in the building all stopped what they were doing and look at me. I guess someone told them who the "daddy" is.

In the Med bay Alex, Lena and other doctors were examining Kara and the baby. Lena wore a blank face as she helped Alex. Kara looked like she was trying to talk to her but the green eyed beauty was having none of it. Lena only spoke to Alex and the other doctors.

"I come bearing gifts." I walked in the room and Kara's face lit up.

"Oh Rao, how did you know I wanted pizza and potstickers?"

"Sometimes you would leave the speaker on in the pod while you were sleeping." I laughed. "You dream a lot about food. You've mentioned ice cream, burgers and something about hating kale, I don't know what that it but you make it sound dreadful."

"You! Get out!" Alex said shoving me back, causing me to drop the food.

"Alex!" Kara said loudly.

"Ah man. That was expensive." I said looking down at the food on the floor.

3 pizzas fell out of their boxes, along with a handful of potstickers. I bent over to clean it up but I was shoved again. I know she's still upset with me but this food was for her hungry sister.

"Alex please. Stop treating Zen badly. It's not her fault." Kara said weakly as she walked up to us and put a hand on her sisters shoulder. "Why don't you step outside for a bit. Get some fresh air. Just for like 10 minutes."

Alex didn't look at her sister, she just continued looking at me with anger. She exhaled loudly and stormed out of the room. Lena followed. She didn't even look at me as she passed us. I feel really bad about the whole thing. I didn't mean for this to happen.

"Actually all of you leave. Your all getting annoying." The blonde said the last part in a whisper as she helped pick up the food that was waisted. "Thank you for the food."

"Eat up! Next time you need more meat in your diet though. Saiyan's love meat." As I said that my stomach growled.

"Here." Kara smiled and handed me a box of pizza and some potstickers.

"No that's for you. Being that 3 pizzas and a dozen potstickers were sacrificed, you need all you can get. But I'll take a potstickers." I've never had one before but they smell good. I popped it in my mouth. "Wow that's good."

"Yeah they are." Kara giggled.

We placed the food on the counter and I remember that I wanted to introduce her to my son properly.

"Oh before I forget. Kara, I'd like to introduce you to my son. Skyler Orion Kingman." I pulled my boy off my back and placed him on my hip.

She smiled at him and Skyler shifted a little, reaching his arms out for Kara. The look on Kara's face was priceless. She had a confused look and wasn't sure what to do.

"Oh, uhm. Ok." Kara took him in her arms. "Hi handsome. It's nice to finally meet you."

Skyler mumbled something and began fiddle with her golden locks.