Notes from the Author

I am happy that so many people (more than I could ever envision like the Radiobelle and Spidermoth HH FanFics I wrote a while back) came to like and enjoy my (unofficial) novelization of FNaF: Security Breach all the way to the ending. I have a few things I wanted to share, involving how I came to write this.

First off, please know that I may never really write a sequel to this and please read the notes before leaving hasty comments and stuff like that. That's right, I'm talking to you, toxic FNaF fans (and others).

For those who don't know, Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach is the latest installment in the FNaF Franchise, and not only did this game suffer development Hell similar to the 2006 Sonic game's development hell, but the end result was met with a lot of mixed results. Now don't get me wrong, I actually like Security Breach, it's not one of the best FNaF games, but to me, it's not entirely as bad as most people say it is. Yes the story is admittedly confusing as heck, and during development Scott Cawthon and the people of Steel Wool Studios there were a lot of story changes here and there, as proven from audio of the trailers. Long story short, the final product wasn't as great as many hoped for...

However in all honesty, I don't think Security Breach is as bad as most people (namely a toxic majority of the FNaF Fandom) say it is. Yes, the story is unfinished due to the production hell, but to me there are still plenty of elements of this game I love very deeply. The idea of the Mega Pizzaplex is honestly a breath of fresh air for the FNAF franchise, and a lot of the areas and attractions in the Pizzaplex are very unique as well. Granted I do wish the Prize Counter/Shop was bigger and there was at least a Playground/Play Area for older kids who are too old for the Superstar Daycare (and a Water Park, too), the Pizzaplex itself is still very amazing in its own way. I also love how each of the animatronics have their own unique personalities, something I loved from the Joy Joy Gang in Dark Deception and from Ultimate Custom Night. I honestly don't understand why people hate these animatronics having personalities, because it does help give new life to them. And in all honesty, I don't think Steel Wool Studios "ruined FNaF" or "didn't care about the lore" as most FNAF fans say they do. They did a really nice job with FNaF: Help Wanted, and they really did want to try and make Security Breach a good FNaF game too. Unfortunately due to the toxic fans rushing the game, Scott Cawthon's unfortunate retirement after backlash from toxic far leftists, and Sony getting tired of delays, it wasn't entirely what Steel Wool was hoping for it to be. It sounds like they're trying to redeem themselves with the upcoming DLC for Security Breach, and I really hope it pays off too, and doesn't suffer from what the game itself originally suffered from during production hell. And during this production hell, the people were trying their best to write the story, decide what works and what doesn't, and expand the lore like they partially did in Help Wanted, unfortunately they couldn't finish it on time, so many elements that could've helped explain things more were left out. And before anyone yells at me with "That's a bunch of BS/lies" or "Scott Cawthon was way better at handeling the FNaF lore", you all need to know and understand that even before Steel Wool Studios had the rights for future FNaF games, Scott himself was also struggling on telling FNaF's story and expanding the lore due to fans making multiple different theories about the lore and especially MatPat/Game Theory trying to figure it out, leading to lots of confusion amongst FNaF fans, but that's a story for another time. Long story short, I have mixed feelings on Security Breach, it does have a lot of flaws and unfinished story elements, but it's not entirely as bad as most people say it is.

With that said though, I do agree that there have production hell issues that unfortunately gave us what we have now. And I do wish if it wasn't for Sony's rushing, things would've been different, and I do have some ideas.

For example, what if there were 6 main Glamrock Animatronics instead of 4? Which include "Glamrock" Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie "The Bowling" Bunny, "Glamrock" Chica Chicken, "Captain" Foxy The Pirate Fox, Montgomery Gator, and Roxanne Wolf. Each of these 6 Glamrocks have their own areas/attractions throughout the Pizzaplex. Freddy's is called Fazer Blast, a space-themed laser tag maze where you can compete against other teams in the far reaches of outer space. Bonnie's area is Bonnie Bowl, a place where kids and adults can do lots of bowling while also having some delicious food, can you beat Bonnie's burrowing strike record? Chica's is Mazercise, where kids can run around a maze while eating, or as Chica likes to say "work off the calories while you eat." Next is Captain Foxy's Pirate Shores/Kid's Cove, a playground/play area for older kids; here older kids can explore Foxy's ship, the red tail; or ride on the play area's game/ride, Captain Foxy's Pirate Adventure (a callback to Help Wanted). Up next is Monty's Gator Golf, home of the Hurricane Hole In One; here kids and grown-ups alike can play an impressive game of mini-golf like no other. Finally is Roxy Raceway, a go-kart race through Roxanne Wolf's canyon track. There are also other attractions and areas with other animatronics as well. Which include The Superstar Daycare where young ones up to 5 or 6 can have fun and play games with Sundrop, or sleep as Moondrop peacefully watches over them; The Daycare Area is also home to the Fazbear Theater where kids can watch the cartoon series, Freddy and Friends on Tour or some other acts. Next is El Chip's Fiesta Buffet, where El Chip can entertain guests as they eat some well-made Mexican cuisine. Finally is the grand prize room, where The Amazing Puppet-O (a magician version of The Marionette) can pull off a magic show-like performance as he gives out prizes to the kids.

Other examples for what I wish could have been added was 1. A little more of a prologue with Gregory and some of his (scrapped) kid friends exploring and having fun in the Pizzaplex in the daytime. 2. The option to save the animatronics and have them be on your side alongside Freddy, 3. A little more connection to the previous lore, 4. An expansion to the story of Vanessa/Vanny's spilt personality (which was unfortunately shown in tapes), and 5. A more worthwhile conclusion/better way to handle expand on Help Wanted's story of William Afton coming back as a glitch/virus, I mean that actually was a good idea, but due to Sony not giving Steel Wool enough time to develop it in Security Breach, it was unfortunately rushed. 

Overall while I do agree that FNAF Security Breach has its problems, I honestly don't think it's bad as most people say it is either. Do I wish this game wasn't rushed by Sony and especially the fans, yes I do, but I still love it for what it is despite its flaws.

I mostly came to write this because I was surprised to see how many fans consider the only three star ending (Princess Quest Ending) to be how the game truly ended. But the ENTIRE games seems to label the "Afton Ending" as the canon ending despite it having no proper build up in the game or even any clear signs of Glitchtrap or even Afton being a big threat.

I also liked the idea of Freddy becoming a fellow protagonist when he spent the majority of the franchise being its "main antagonist". But I guess things change when more focus shifted from dangerous animatronics and more on Afton and his family relationships. However, as I watched the game progress, it was definitely obvious that no one had a proper character growth throughout Gregory trying to survive "ONE night" instead of the "FIVE Nights" that the franchise is known for (It's like Luigi's Mansion 3... THAT AIN'T NO MANSION, Luigi! It's a HOTEL!). In terms of making the villainous animatronics seem like a threat, I'd say only Monty did that as his boss intro is the most shiver inducing from them all. He also didn't just easily crushed in a compactor or stood STUPIDLY STILL while a car ran him over. It was also clear that Vanny, despite all the promotions, wasn't even a major threat stalking Gregory. With all that put together, I eventually decided that I wanted to try and rewrite this mess of a story in a way that would make more sense and I wasn't trying to go into many crazy, unconfirmed theories that I refuse to believe like the "Gregory is a Robot" one or "Vanessa is an Afton" one.

Overall, I hope you respect my opinions and be ready for the extra chapter since it is this game's (late) first anniversary.