10. 𝕻𝖑𝖆𝔂𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕲𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘.

Playing Games

Siya ~

I thought that I'd have a bit of flexibility after getting out of the wedding dress but here I was, getting dressed in one of the heaviest sarees in the world again and this was literally my first time wearing one, so imagine my plight.

I again found myself in red with a huge Navratna necklace around my neck with matching earrings and bangles. The vermillion on my hair partition still as dark and visible as Preeti worked around my hair in a bun and as I looked into the mirror, a person totally different stared back at me.

Siya's Look -

I looked very different and unusual and had no idea how to feel about it so once again, I shut myself off

I looked very different and unusual and had no idea how to feel about it so once again, I shut myself off. It was actually getting pretty convenient for me to do it.

" Can I call you Di?" I asked Preeti who was just covering my head now.

" You can call me whatever you want Raanisa." She gave me a wide smile and my eyes widened in shock. What did she call me?

" No Di. Please don't. Call me Siya. That is one part of my identity still under my control." The last words rolled off my tongue before I could control myself.

" Siya, no matter what, never forget who you are. Not your name or last name or anything, just you as a person. That is what matters at the end of the day. What bhaiya has done wasn't right in the least and everyone knows of it, even she does but he of course will never admit that in front of anyone. I am not going to stand here and justify his acts because they truly cannot be justified but what I will tell you is that he is a broken man. He may not show it or let anyone know but eventually over time, you will see it. I think he saw you and something inside him snapped because never has he taken one impulsive decision since he has taken over the role of King. His every decision is always calculated and reviewed over a thousand times in his head before he gives a nod and then suddenly with you, I don't even think he even allowed himself to contemplate about his actions because if he had, he would never have gone with this whole thing and perhaps, lost you." She finished as she knelt down in front of me and kept her hands on mine.

" Well what's done is done Di but if he thinks I am going to be easy on him, he has a fair few shocks coming his way." I don't know but there was something in her eyes that made me trust her to confide.

" Oh you most certainly should give the toughest time in the world. In fact, make him sleep on the couch for the next six months." She chuckled and my heart suddenly gave me weird sensations.

" I'll have to be in the same room as him." My stomach dropped. I had not given that a thought till now!

Di must have sensed my discomfort as she made me stand up.

" Siya you must know that even bhaiya's actions have suggested otherwise with everything happening, he will never touch you till you don't want him to. Ranaji can be an egoistic King who gets what he wants but he will never by force or otherwise dishonor you." She squeezed my hand gently, assuring me but that wasn't something I was worried about because I was prepared. If he tried to touch me, I'd pepper spray all his handsome face and burn his eyes before locking him up in the closet. But I most certainly wasn't entirely comfortable in sharing my personal space with him! Damn I should have demanded for a separate bedroom in the list of terms and conditions!