32. 𝕸𝖆𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖎 𝕾𝖆.

32. MAHARANI SA.

Siya ~

Arjun slowly started walking towards me and I could feel his eyes on me as I continued to fidget with the end of my dupatta.

He then stood in front of me for a moment before, once again, sitting on a knee in front of me, taking something out of his pocket.

" Arjun what are you doing?" I asked, trying to stand up but he kept his hands on my knees, forbidding me from getting out of my seat at all.

He had a pair of payal  in his left hand and with his other hand, he reached out, fingers warm and reassuring, as he tenderly lifted my leg and placed it on his thigh.

" Ranaji....I can....." The proximity sent a shiver down my spine, my breath catching in my throat. I watched, almost spellbound, as his movements were deliberate yet gentle, his focus solely on me.

The touch of his fingers against my skin was electric, a sensation that spread warmth through every fiber of my being. His hands brushed my ankles, igniting a fire of awareness that surged through me. I could feel my heart racing, its rhythm echoing in my ears as though it was keeping pace with his every touch.

As the payal settled into place, its trinkets tinkling like a soft, melodic whisper, Arjun's eyes finally met mine and neither of us wanted to look away, at all. I found myself incapable of looking anywhere else other than him.

Arjun rose slowly, keeping my feet back on the ground and his fingers lingering on my ankle for a heartbeat longer than necessary and I found a blush creeping slowly on my cheeks and I stood with with.

My heartbeat quickened as he reached for the sindoor box placed delicately on the dresser and as Arjun opened the box, my breath was caught in my throat. This was perhaps only the first time this meant a huge lot of deal to me. Even when he filled my maang on Holi, there was something missing but today, well, today was different. Weird, yes but different as he took a pinch of sindoor between his thumb and index finger.

With a playful glint in his eyes, Arjun reached out and gently brushed his finger against my forehead, filling my maang with the sindoor.

My breath hitched, a rush of warmth flooding my cheeks as I felt the soft caress of his touch. The sensation was both electrifying and intimate, sending a wave of tingles down my spine and I found my hand clutching the jacket of his suit.

Ranaji's fingers lingered for a moment longer than necessary, a mischievous smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "There," he said softly, his voice a velvet caress, "now the world knows that I am yours."

" You're mine?" I repeated his words like a dumbo in a tone of surprise and a small laugh emerged, a real one. One of those rare real ones I could get out of him.

" Come here." He held me softly by my shoulders and bent his forehead to my maang, pressing my forehead to his, between his eyebrows as he held us there for a second before distancing himself away for me to see.

My sindoor was on his forehead as a tilak and then he turned me around to look at the mirror and looked at me through it.

" If this does not tell you that I am all yours, I don't know what will." His words hit me like an arrow and I turned around again, to look at him, and threw my arms around his shoulders, tip-toeing as he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my right temple.

" Shouldn't you be getting ready too?" I asked after a few moments, getting away and fixed his tilak into a proper one.

" Should I bother to? No one is going to be looking at me." My husband was flirting with me and I had no freaking idea how to respond to that!