28. 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕱𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘.

28. Fighting Feelings.

Siya ~

" The next morning, I woke up to my alarm and for a change, Arjun was still sleeping on the couch. Usually, he was the one to wake up early but I beat him this time.

As the golden rays of the morning sun filtered through the parted curtains, they cascaded like liquid warmth onto his peaceful self, I threw myself off the bed to somehow automatically make my way towards Ranaji. What was I trying to do?

The room was filled with a soft, hazy glow, and it danced playfully across Arjun's sleeping form, accentuating his chiseled features and casting a gentle radiance upon his face. His dark lashes rested against his cheeks, and his lips curved into a slight smile, that smile he usually reserves for me and I couldn't resist that urge to reach out and brush my fingertips lightly over his forehead, feeling the warmth of his skin against my touch.

My eyes traced the contours of his face, memorizing every detail—the way his nose sloped slightly, the curve of his jawline, and the faint freckles that adorned his cheeks and the way the sunlight highlighted those features, transforming him into a breathtaking sight that my heart flipped into a stupid summersault of it's own.

" What is going on with you Siya?" I muttered to myself and was just about to withdraw my hand away from him when Arjun caught hold of my hand and slowly, opened his eyes.

" You should never consider a King to be unaware of his surroundings, Little One." He said and a small gasp escaped my lips as he pulled me on top of him and my hands rested on his chest to balance myself from falling off.

My nose was touching his, that's how close we were and instead of the usual butterflies, I could feel an entire forest in my stomach as his index finger slightly traced my jawline and I closed my eyes shut, clutching onto the hem of his kurta with my fingers tightly.

" Arjun....." I brain wanted me to stop him from whatever it was that he was doing to me but my heart wanted this to fucking continue because in a long time now, I felt wanted by at least someone and there was something about being near to him that gives me peace while setting my whole world on fire.

" Shhh. Stop fighting yourself and me. I need you right here, right now." His words made distant sense of me because I was slowly losing myself to him in this moment, right here.

He then planted a small kiss on my cheek and temple before holding my face in both his hands and joining our foreheads together whilst he raised us both to sit down on that couch and I held onto his biceps, tucking the sleeve of his Kurta.

" I need your help." I asked him, finally distancing myself but his hands stopped me from getting too far and somewhere deep inside, I wanted him to do that, probably.

" What is it Siya?" He asked and I could see inquisity growing in his eyes.

" I want you teach me all there is to being a queen. I promise that I will snap out of this and become what is expected of me. I promise that I will deal with your older brother and your ex-wife in a manner a queen should, not a bratty person." I finally got it out of my system and let out a deep sigh I didn't know I was holding.

" You are not going to change yourself Little Flower. This is who you are and this is precisely why you are my wife. You are unafraid of the world and damn me if I let that change. Those people are my past and you are my present and forever Siya. They will not be the reason why I don't get to know your own self. No one will be the reason to forbid you from being you. Not even me. Specially not me. " His eyes softened towards the end and I found myself shifting near to him on the couch, still holding his hands.