43. 𝕾𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊, 𝕾𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊!

43. Surprise, Surprise!

Siya ~

We had another half an hour to land and the scenes through the plane window were just addicting me by the second.

The majestic Himalayan mountain range stands proudly, adorned with snow-capped peaks that glisten in the sunlight, creating a stunning contrast against the deep blue sky. The plane glides over lush valleys, where vibrant shades of green spread like a patchwork quilt, interrupted only by meandering Lidder and Indus rivers and streams that reflect the sunlight.

Varun was sitting on the window seat right next to me while Arjun was right behind me, next to Papa discussing something. Kritik and Jahanavi were sitting together screaming others ears off while the others were just looking out through the window, just like me.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" I asked Varun who was looking as spellbound as I was feeling.

Varun pressed his small face against the plane window, his eyes wide with wonder. "Look, Siya! Look at the big mountains!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement. This was the first time he had spoken this long a sentence to me.

"They are amazing, aren't they? Have you ever seen anything like this before?" I asked, now shifting my gaze to his face.

He shook his head, his eyes still fixed on the snowy peaks. "No, never."

"Neither have I and I don't think I ever will either. This is just out of the world." I said dreamily and he nodded in agreement.

"I have seen pictures of Kashmir in my school books." He said with a smile on his lips but he kept looking out the window.

"I have too, on Instagram." I replied and he giggled.

"Siya, can we touch the clouds?" he asked, his curiosity evident in his innocent voice as he voiced my own thoughts.

"We can Champ but we'll have let them come to us. Don't they look like cotton candies floating in the sky?" I asked raising a brow as he looked at me and he laughed slowly.

"I was also thinking the same thing." He confessed.

"Well Little Flower, doesn't that tell you something? Him and you thinking along the same lines?" Arjun teased me, making me turn around to glare at him.

"What do you mean Ranaji?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him while he looked like he had said something really smart.

Varun turned his head around slowly too but continued to look at me, occasionally taking peaks at Arjun timidly.

"I am just pointing towards how like minds think alike Siya." He said with a teasing smile playing on his lips which mirrored Varun's who gave me a full smile, taking the compliment.

"That is so true Arjun, this is perhaps the truest analysis anyone has ever done about Chipkali." Cockroach agreed, howling with laughter and I gave him the most disgusted smile.

"Well at least I don't match the IQ of Mahir." I said, pointing to his one year old and he cringed, refraining himself from making any further comments.

"And See for yourself Papa, this is what your precious son-in-law thinks about me." I huffed and turned back around to sit properly, making Varun sit too as he then turned his head towards the window again while I crossed my arms.

"But Siya, Arjun is not wrong and he didn't say something wrong." Papa replied, obviously taking Ranaji's side and I rolled my eyes at the two of them.

"Why are you both annoying my daughter?" I heard dad's voice who was just adjacent to my seat and I grinned.