27. 𝕽𝖆𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖆.

27. Raanisa.

Siya ~

Sometimes, distractions work.

Sometimes, they don't.

While the facade in front of my family had worked itself smoothly, Arjun's bodyguards weren't so easy to fool when I sneaked out of the house next morning, leaving everyone alone.

I knew for a fact that they were following me and that is precisely why I left two letters. One for my family and the other one for Ranaji.

" It it were that easy for me to forgive you all, I genuinely would have. I am not the one to keep a grudge but what you all did to me does not deserve forgiveness, at least not yet. If you all find it fit to screw with my life, I think it's okay for me to screw with your emotions too. The next time I want to see any of you, I will let you know."

I had written and left the note on the dining table for my family to read before sneaking out.

" Ranaji, I am going to Jaipur for two days to be alone with my thoughts. I also know that you would have already figured out that I left before you can see this note. If you have respected me once in your life, let me be. Your bodyguards are always watching me and I know that they will continue the same in Jaipur too. I will return unharmed but I really need to be alone. Just tell your witch of an ex-wife that I had a friend who met with an accident so I had to leave immediately if she asks. How can I truly be mad at you when the very people I trusted my everything with failed to care for me? That said, it does not mean that I have absolutely any interest in forgiving you yet."

~Siya.

I was completely aware of my recklessness but had I stayed there for one more minute, I would have probably choked due to the lack of air and my ability to breathe. It was exhausting and that's how I found myself, wearing a face mask to cover my identity, boarding the first bus to Jaipur. I had already informed my friends that I was coming and one of them was okay with me crashing in his flat.

In all honesty, I needed an escape and I needed it now. After seven hours in the bus, I was at the Jaipur bus stop at about two in the afternoon and the moment I stepped out, I saw five men, dressed in the Royal bodyguard uniform thingie waiting right outside.

" Ranisa, please come with me. Your car is here." One of them spotted me immediately, despite of a face mask and I rolled my eyes, sighing.

" I am not going anywhere in that car. I plan on being invisible for these two days, not be roaming around in this car, announcing Hey Look! Your Queen is here. Bow down or die. For fucks sake! The car has the Royal family sigil!" I exclaimed, revolted at the suggestion.

" Ranisa, with all due respect, anyone who sees you will know that you are the Queen. The news has been viral ever since yesterday. You will find your face in every local newspaper and in the glamour section of national newspapers. Your video has gone viral all over the internet. The damage control is going on but now is not the best time to try and hide in plain sight. It won't work." He spoke in the most calm and polite manner possible, annoying me further but there was no comeback that I could give him because he was right.

" Fine. But tell you Ranaji that he will not sit there and try to dictate my actions here. I will go where I want to, meet anyone I wish and do anything I want." I said as he took the duffel bag I was carrying from me and asked me to walk ahead.