40. 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘.

40. Confessions.

Siya ~

I couldn't say anything to him after he told me the reason why he married me on his birthday. All I could do was just take a few steps close to him and throw my arms around him as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

" That is the most romantic thing anyone has ever told me." I sighed, looking up to meet his eyes and the moment these words escaped me, his eyes shifted from tender to steely in an instant.

" Has anyone apart from me ever said anything romantic to you?" His voice, once filled with playful banter, now carried a weight of seriousness.

He was jealous? Well, time to have some fun!

"Look at me, Arjun. I mean, you saw me once and ended up marrying me. Just imagine the attention I used to get in school and college when I wasn't your wife," I teased, attempting to break free of the hug. Instead, he held onto me tighter, enveloping me even more deeply in his arms, if that were possible.

"You have always been captivating to me." He murmured, his breath warm against my skin. "But after you asked me to kiss you, you are not just someone I can admire from afar. You're mine."

I chuckled softly, his words melting any resistance I had left. "Possessive much?"

"Protective," he corrected, his voice tinged with a hint of amusement. "There's a difference."

" Well Potato, potahto." I playfully teased, and his soft laughter filled the air.

But his laughter faded into a more serious tone. " You're my wife Little Flower, any man who looks at you longer than three seconds will be dealt in a manner....." He was just repeating his words from back in the throne room and I decided to complete his sentence.

" Will be dealt in a manner you find fitting. Seriously Arjun? It's like you are not even trying to hide the fact that you are just being completely jealous." I laughed and this time, he let me take one step away from him and loosened his hold on me.

He exhaled softly, a flicker of amusement in his eyes despite his serious demeanor. "Maybe I'm not hiding it well because I don't intend to. I will not stand the thought of anyone else trying to steal your attention."

I smiled at his honesty. I have only seen him show any flicker of vulnerability he has in front of me. "You don't need to worry, Ranaji. You have all of my attention."

His lips tugged upwards in a smirk, the tension easing from his posture. "Good. Because you're all I want."

Then, his sudden movement caught me off guard as he swiftly scooped me into his arms. Surprise flickered across my face, my heart skipping a beat at the unexpected gesture. But coming to thing of it, it wasn't really unexpected. He takes me in his arms and carries me around more than I walk myself these days. "Ranaji, what are you doing?"

"Taking what's mine where no one else can reach," he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he held me securely, a mixture of amusement and possessiveness in his expression.

" You're being impossible! Put me down Arjun. You cannot keep carrying me around. I am perfectly capable of walking." I said, almost like throwing a tantrum but he didn't budge.

"You wanted to go to the courtyard, and I'm taking you there. How you get there is none of your concern, Siya," he replied, his tone firm, yet laced with a hint of playful stubbornness.

I rolled my eyes in mock exasperation but secretly enjoying our closeness as he continued to carry me.

Upon reaching the entrance, he gently set me down, and I eagerly hopped into the courtyard. He remained at the threshold, his posture patient, silently waiting for me to invite him to join me.