Dinner Time

Samantha's POV

     There's no salvaging my clothes so I throw them in the trash and jump in the shower. After getting out I lather on more of my scent concealing lotion and head downstairs. True to his word, Chris is already in my kitchen grabbing a tupperware of my peanut butter fudge that he loves so much. "You better save that for desert!" I say while snatching it out of his hands. He sees past my scowl and smiles. "I knew you loved me!" He practically sings. "Yeah yeah lets go '' I say and head for the door.

     Chris stops me before I can grab the handle. "What happened to Tammy?" he asks. I turn to look at him. Crap! The worry in his eyes tells me he's not playing, so I come up with the first thing I can think of. "Bad trany. Couldn't get it out of park and the local mechanic quoted me too much for a new one so I sold it to him for parts and a ride home." I say with a shrug.

     "I didn't see anyone pull up to drop you off. If it wasn't for your shoes by the door, I wouldn't have even known you were home," Chris says as he runs a hand through his hair. "Yeah the guy seemed a little off, so I had him drop me off in town.... Didn't want him to know where I lived." "You could've called me. We would've figured out a way to get her back here and fixed up," he says.

     I know he would've done just that, but there was no way I could let him see the condition of Tammy. Chris would have too many questions that I wasn't ready to answer. 'He' told me that I couldn't trust anyone from a pack. I loved Chris, but in the back of my mind, I was afraid what he would do if he knew I was the Volant Rogue. 'Stupid name' I think, but it's the name I earned for my speed after running from local packs over the years. My wolf is so fast and big that none have figured out that I'm female..... Not yet at least.

     "I still have my other baby, Billy." I say with a shrug. Billy, my truck is great, but since I use it to make house calls when uncle Edwin can't, it always smells like livestock. Before Chris can say anything else, I open the door. Knowing that I'm done talking about it, Chris follows my lead.

     I flinch a little when Chris puts his arm around my waist as we walk over. "I kinda warned the guys about your personal space issues before I came over '' Chris practically whispers to me. I stop in my tracks. "I just wanted to make sure you didn't feel uncomfortable around them." He says looking into my eyes. I know all he sees is my brown contacts, but I still feel a little defensive. "Thanks" I bite out and start walking again.

     We go to his backyard and I notice Gabriel at the grill and Cain walk out of the house with bowls of snacks in hand. I finally took a good look at Chris's brother. Cain looks a couple years older than Chris's 25 years. There is a small scar through his left eyebrow and his brown hair is buzzed in a more 'military' style. They both had green eyes, but Cain only had one dimple in his left cheek.

     "How do you like your steak sugar?" Gabriel says, his deep melodic voice sends a shiver down my back. " Medium rare please." Cain stops a few feet away from me and asks, " So my little bro here says that you're a vet and you just got back from looking at some sort of animal attack?"

     "Yeah, looks like wolves got hungry and killed a few cattle. I was barely able to save a calf before its mum died." I managed to say without a hint of emotion. I noticed that Gabriel froze when I said wolves. "Why do you think it was wolves?" Chris asks calmly. "Paw prints and tear patterns make me believe so. I told Tom it was coyotes though." I quickly blurt out the last part.

     "Why would you say that?" Gabriel whispers in my ear as he inhales my neck. I didn't even see him move. His fingers graze my neck as he moves my hair to the side. My skin tingles at his touch and a mild spark sends chills down my spine. I freeze briefly before I manage a shrug and step away.

     "Not quite sure, but I didn't want a bunch of men traipsing through the woods dead set on killing off the local wolf population. Now they'll be looking for coyotes that aren't even around here." My comment seems to appease their curiosity. "So you're fond of wolves, princess?" Gabriel says, taking a step closer to me. "Some '' I say before practically skipping over to the patio table.

     Dinner was delicious. I was just sitting on Chris's porch swing letting my food settle and staring off into the woods that surround mine and Chris's homes when I felt someone sit next to me. I know it's Gabriel before I even turn my head from the spark of his arm rubbing against mine. I feel like my body temperature rise just a little, so I hopped up. "I have to go, got a long day ahead of me." I blurt out. I can feel my heat slowly kicking in.

     "Chris!" I holler and he comes out to the porch. He looks at me and I say," I'm heading home now. I have to leave town for a little while. Got a convention in 2 days but I'm driving so I'm leaving in the morning. Can you get all the perishables from my fridge please?" "Sure thing Sam," Chris says looking a little puzzled. "I'll walk you home," Gabriel says and hooks my arm with his before I could say no. "Bye Sam.... Nice meeting you," Cain says from the open doorway.

     I make quick time walking to my door. " Well bye!" I say with a short wave and almost run inside. Before I make it, Gabriel has my arm and pulls me close. His hand cups my cheek and I feel the sparks. " I'm glad I met you," he says and quickly puts his lips on mine. I stood still for a moment before melting into his lips. My temperature rises and my body hungers for more as I deepen the kiss. My wolf wants me to practically jump on him and take him here on the patio. S**T!!! I quickly push him off my and slam the door in his face. My hands are shaking as I try to put my thoughts together. I run upstairs to pack and get what little camping gear I have left together. It's time for me to take my annual camping trip. My heat is starting.... D**N!!!

So this will probably be the last time Tammy is mentioned. 

Please vote and comment.