I'm Fine

Samantha's POV

     My whole body aches with every movement as my eyes flutter open. Gabriel is still carrying me bridal style. I cuddled into his chest and take in his amazing scent as my wolf purrs in my head.

     "Where are we?" I ask, then groan as my body protests. "Almost back to the cabin. Rest now. Doc won't be here for a few hours. He's flying back from a medical conference." Gabriel spoke calmly, but I could hear sadness and worry in his voice.

     "Keith! Where is he? Is he okay?" I said looking around frantically. Cain was walking a few steps ahead of us. He was covered in blood and carrying an unconscious Keith, still in wolf form.

     "I need to check on him! Do you have medical supplies at the cabin?" trying to wiggle out of Gabriel's arms as I spoke. That's when I realized I was still naked, and so was he. All wiggling stops at my -new awareness.

  "We have some of the basics, but I don't know how much it'll help. He's healing too slow... and bleeding out." Gabriel says, his voice was soft and almost shaky. Like he was on the verge of breaking down. "Daniel is getting his room prepped now." Cain cuts in, hearing our conversation.

     About five minutes later, we make it to the cabin and Cain carries Keith straight to his room. Gabriel tries taking me to the couch, but I stop him. "Take me to Keith. I'm not a doctor, but I've had to fix myself up on a few occasions," I say. "You're hurt. You need to rest. Doc needs to check you and the baby out." Gabriel growls out.

     "I'm fine.... We're fine, but Keith isn't. He needs my help!" I snap out at him. He hesitates for a moment before. I say, "please." He carries me into Keith and Daniel's room. Someone hands me a t-shirt and basketball shorts and I quickly dress. My broken fingers were throbbing and I let out a whimper as I snapped them back in place so they could heal correctly.

     Daniel had put a plastic sheet on Keith's bed, so the blood wouldn't soak through his sheets. I scanned over Keith's body as Cain lays him down on his belly. He had three deep lacerations across his back from his right shoulder blade to his left hip.

     At least it didn't sever his spine.

     The wound on his left shoulder was deep enough that I could see bone, and his left leg was laying at a weird angle. I cried as I ran my fingers through his hair. He stirred a little at my touch.

     "Hey Keke." I said. His eyes fluttered before opening. I smiled, knowing he hated the nickname. "I'm going to straighten your leg, then I need you to change back so I can stitch you up." I whispered to him. He gave me a weak shake of his head, telling me no.

     "I know you're tired, but I need you to try. I'll help you." Tears were running down my face as I spoke. I ran my hands down his leg to where the break was. "On the count of three, I'm going to snap it back into place." I say. " one...... two....."

     Snap

     Keith whimpers and I caress his head. He gives me a weak growl. "I know, I said three, but I couldn't let you tense up... Now change for me please." I said as I laid my hand on his head. My fingers start to tingle. I'm not sure how, but I could feel myself pushing energy into him.

     His bones started cracking and realigning. It was a very slow change for him. About ten minutes later, he was lying, naked in his bed. His wounds closed up a little, but he was still bleeding out. His skin was ashen and his eyes were pale.

     After looking at all the supplies available, I found Cain in the room by the door and spoke. "Dial Chris and hand me the phone." He nodded and handed me a syringe. "It'll put him out....for the pain." He said then ran out of the room.

     "Don't worry Keke, I'll have you as good as new soon. I'm too stubborn to let you go." I said and gently kissed him on the lips. I heard a growl behind me , but didn't look.

     "Thhhank you" Keith struggled to say. His voice was dry and he licks his lips before continuing. " I can die happy now."

     "Ssshhh. None of that now." I said through choked sobs. Daniel hands me a glass of water and I gently lifted Keith's head to give him a sip. He coughs as the cool water touches his throat. Setting the glass down, I grabbed the syringe and injected it in his arm.

     Cain walked in with his phone and handed it to me. "Chris. I need you to get the case in the back of my closet. It is hidden behind my clothes in the corner. Grab my emergency bag from the truck as well and please hurry." I rushed through my words. Chris gave me a quick " see you soon," then hung up.

     "I know how to stitch. I can help." Cain said as he grabbed his phone from me. "Good. You can start on his back. I need to get the muscle first on his neck before I can stitch the skin." I say giving him a nod. We quickly got sanitized and started cleaning and stitching the wounds.

1 hour later

     Daniel used a washcloth to wipe the sweat off my brow as I continued stitching up the last laceration on Keith's back. After telling Cain I would finish the last one, he stepped outside to get some fresh air and wait for Chris.

     I had just finished when Cain walked back in with Chris and Gabriel in tow. I was so concentrated in what I was doing that I didn't even notice Gabriel leave the room, or when for that matter. "Perfect timing. Chris, put my case and bag on Daniel's bed." I said and took off the gloves I was wearing. He sets them down and I started pulling out the supplies I would need.

     "You look like s**t warmed over." Chris said, as he watched me. "You should see the other guy." I quip. He gives me a comforting smile and sits down on Daniel's bed next to the other guys.

     "He lost too much blood. I'm going to need to do a transfusion asap." I say, looking at Gabriel and Daniel. You're family, so the blood should be compatible. "I'll do it." Gabriel says, as he starts rolling up his sleeve. After getting the transfusion going, I make sure Cain, Chris, and Daniel know to stay with them. Then I slowly make my way to the bathroom, trying not to limp so the guys wouldn't worry.

     Chris was right. I look horrible.

     Dried blood was caked under my nose and down my chin. My split lip was already healed, but it was still slightly swollen, and my cheek was a nice shade of deep purple. I picked a few twigs out of my hair before giving up and stripping to jump in the shower.

     The water felt amazing, but I needed to check on the guys, so I quickly finished up. Cursing myself for forgetting to grab clean clothes, I dried off and wrapped myself in my towel. Limping, I made my way towards the kitchen, but stopped when I heard a growl. Damian and Julia were sitting on the couch, but it was Alpha Eric and Luna Maria that got my attention.

     Maria was sitting there crying her eyes out while Eric stood behind her trying to comfort her. His glare was aimed straight at me, so I continued into the kitchen. I quickly grab a glass of orange juice and a small plate of cookies and take them back to Keith's room.

Please vote and comment.