Uninvited Guest

Samantha's POV

     Warmth surrounded me as I woke up to a female voice in the living room. It was high pitched and overly sweet.

     Unknown female in our home. My wolf told me.

     Leaving the comfort of Steven's arms, I hobble out of the room only to stop in the doorway.

     There's a girl standing unnecessarily close to Gabriel by the couch.

     " Gabe baby. I want you to escort me to the gathering. You know that I don't want to go, but until you claim me, I must." She says with a pout. She leans into him and caresses his arm with her cheap press ons.

     He practically shoves her away as I let out a growl.

     " WHO THE H**L IS THIS B***H!" she screeches, pointing a bright red nail at me.

     " Considering you are in my home, I believe that I should be the one asking the questions." My voice comes out as a growl as I cross my arms in front of me.

     Steven comes up behind me and puts his hands on my shoulders. It calms me down for a second before seeing jealousy cross her eyes.

     She starts to move towards me, but Gabriel grabs her arm. She quickly turns to rub up on him again.

     " GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MATE!" The words left my mouth, but they weren't my own.

     " I don't see a mating mark on you, so he's fair game," she purrs out.

     Gabriel shoves her away and she stumbles before gaining her balance.

     " Selene....." Kyle rubs his face before continuing."You have a full guard that will escort you to the gathering. Don't start drama where it's not welcome.

     " Dear brother, I wouldn't dream of creating drama..... It wasn't my fault that...that had happened. Why is the goddess cursing me with my true mate not acknowledging the bond?" She says towards Kyle.

     Brother?

     " It is you who cursed the goddess by rejecting the mate she gave you, dear sis."

     " Kyle." Steven growls. He glares at Selene. Anger and sorrow fills his eyes before he storms out of the cabin.

     " What did you mean, Kyle?" Gabriel growls out.

     Kyle looks towards where Steven was last seen before shaking his head. "Not my story to tell." He walks over to Selene and gently grabs her arm before speaking again. "Let me escort you to our dear father before the goddess decides to take your transgressions out on the rest of us for merely being in your presence." He walks her out of the cabin.

     Gabriel looks deep in thought. Like he is trying to piece together the information he just heard. While Gabriel doesn't see it, I do. I go back into the room to grab my shoes and head out to find Steven.

     Marcus tries to stop me at the front door, but one look in my eyes has him move away. He sighs before speaking. " If he snaps at you, just know that he would never hurt you."

     Looking into Marcus' eyes, I give him a nod before following the scent trail of morning dew.

     I find Steven sitting on a log behind the old barn and staring out into the open field. He doesn't turn as I sit down next to him. My arms gently wrap around him and he leans his face into the crook of my neck to take in my scent.

     We sat like that for a while before he spoke up. " She told me that she could never mate with a Gamma. That she deserved an alpha.....ha.... I remember pleading with her and telling her that I would become her alpha when we mated.(he shook his head). She just laughed at me and said that I would never be strong enough to be her alpha."

     My fingers combed through his hair in a comforting gesture. I didn't say a word. I just let him get what he wanted off his chest.

     " She went after Gabe. Had him fooled into thinking that it was an honor to be with her. It killed me to see him with her, but it was her choice, so I just made sure to never be around them together. He was ready to claim her, but one day......a year ago we had taken Julia with us on a walk. Selene wanted Gabe to ditch Julia and go frolic in the woods with her, but Gabe knew his duty was to protect his sister. Selene threw a fit and ran off.......Gabe and Kyle chased after Selene, but that left Julia with our two youngest warriors at the time. When Gabe brought her back.............Julia was gone and the warriors were dead." Steven sat up straight.

     " It took us three days to track Julia down and get her back...... the rogues didn't touch her, but that was only because of her sickness. She was so ill that she was on death's door when we got to he......" Steven cut off on a sob.

     So when I ran, that triggered Gabriel. Damn myself for putting him in that position again.

     I placed my hand under Steven's chin and gently lifted until he looked at me. So many emotions flashed through his eyes as I brought my face closer to his. When our lips touched, I felt a mild spark. It wasn't as strong as I felt with Gabriel, but it was there. At that moment I knew.

     He's mine. They both are.

     His hand curled in my hair as he pulled me closer. My hands instinctively went around his shoulders, trying to close any gaps between us. My wolf whimpered when he pulled away from the kiss, but was quickly replaced with a moan as his lips descended down my neck.

     A throat was cleared and we both paused to look at Kyle. "We have a problem. Come back to the cabin now so we can discuss it with the others." Kyle doesn't look at us as he speaks then heads back toward the warrior's cabin.

     Reluctantly, Steven and I pull apart. He sighs and stands up before giving me a hand. We snuggle up together as we walk back to the cabin.

What now?

Please vote and comment.