Road Trip

Samantha's POV

     Steven and I enter the cabin to see all the men in the living room.

     " Glad you two could join us." Kyle says smirking. My cheeks heat and I know that they have turned a lovely shade of pink.

     Steven puts his hand in the small of my back and guides me to the couch where he sits me down in his lap. Keith takes the spot to my left and Gabriel sits on my right. Edward and Marcus sit on the floor by our feet.

     Chris had already gone back home, so he wasn't here, but Cain and Daniel sat in chairs opposite us while Kyle stayed standing.

     Kyle runs a hand through his hair before locking eyes with me and speaking. "My dad is aware of Samantha. Since he is part of the council, he has decreed that Sam will attend the gathering tomorrow."

     " WHAT!" " NO WAY!" " But she's Pregnant." All the guys said something along these lines.

     Kyle bobs his head in acknowledgement and speaks up. " He is aware of her condition, but in his eyes, the fact remains that she is still unclaimed and must attend."

     Keith lays his hand on my thigh and Gabriel visibly tenses next to me. Seeing his hand on his thigh, I place my hand in his for comfort.

     His body relaxes slightly before he speaks. " Cain, Edward and myself are leaving this afternoon to go help with rogues at Cedarwoods Pack...... The rest of you will need to go with Sam to the gathering."

     He looks over me and at Keith before continuing. " you're staying here."

     " What? No way, I'm going with Sam!" Keith exclaims.

     I reach out and grasp Keith's hand. "He's right. You're in no condition to be out and about yet. You just woke up and I don't want anything to happen to you Keke." I say.

     Keith lets out a deep breath and I can see the resignation setting in. "Fine...... but your sleeping in my bed tonight." he says and squeezes me hand.

     " I wouldn't have it any other way." I reply and give him a small smile.

     " I can't believe you aren't putting up more of a fight ,Gabriel." Edward says.

     " If it's what the council deems, then there's no fighting it. You know d**n well that the only way out of this is to force Sam's hand and I won't do that to her! All we can do now is ensure her safety." Gabriel retorts then looks deep into my eyes. My expressions must've shown him what he needs to see because he gets up and leaves the cabin.

     I'm not ready.

     The men all grumble around me. Cain stands and speaks up. " I'll call Chris. He can sub in for Keith to watch out for Sam." Can pulls his phone out of his pocket and leaves the room.

     " I'll bet Serene had some say in this." Steven says towards Kyle. Kyle looks at me. He doesn't say anything, but responds to Steven with a short nod.

     That B***h!

     Cain, Edward, and Daniel each rubbed my belly and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving. Gabriel had stayed back to talk to Marcus and Steven before he approached me.

     " No running off from the guys ,princess. There will be lots of other packs there, but not everyone will have good intentions. Just..... Be careful. If ... If you find other males there that you feel you want to join us..... " he says as he rubs my belly.

     My hand gently lifts his chin to look at me. We stay like that for a moment before I carefully say, " I may not be ready to make things official, but I know.."

     " What Sam?.. You know what?" he says. His voice is husky and full of emotions.

     Can I say it?

     Trying to speak with no words coming out, I clear my throat. " I know that I want you."

     " You want me? Just me?" he questions.

     " I want you and Steven and and Keith..... I don't know if I want the others. At least like that I mean, but I for sure want you three..... I mean if you are okay with that?" I rush out at the end.

     He lets out a small chuckle before lifting me up in a hug. I squeal at the sudden movement as we spin. He spins us around once before he sets me down.

     " I don't care if you want a dozen other men! Just as long as my mate is happy and they cherish you just as much as I do." he says through his chuckles. Cain, Edward and Daniel are sitting in the SUV and laughing at us.

     Just then, I lean up towards him. He takes the hint and his lips descend on mine. It was just a quick kiss, but I could feel the promise in it. This is just the beginning.

     " I will miss you every second we are gone." he says then he gently kisses my forehead and leaves.

     Chris showed up around dinner time and the guys tried their hardest to make it just like any other night. The only difference was that the guys took turns each packing a bag since we would be leaving first thing in the morning.

     When I asked Marcus what I should pack, he just simply pointed towards a piece of luggage in the corner of his room and said that they had already taken care of it. I should've been a little worried, but these were my guys and I knew that they would take care of me. Instead, I cuddled up to Keith and fell asleep.

Please vote and comment.