Trust

Samantha's POV

     The sound of paper crinkling stirs me from my slumber. The scent of fast food hits me and I smile as I let my eyes adjust to the lighting in the room... mmmh... grease. Sitting up, I noticed that I'm only wearing a t-shirt that smells like cedar. Marcus, I think and my mind calms.

     "I hope that some of that is for me.... I'm starving." My voice comes out raspy. I wince as I try to stretch my achy muscles. "After healing and sleeping for almost 2 days, I bet you are," Marcus says, laughing while standing in the doorway to what I assume is the bathroom.

     The driver from the SUV is sitting in the corner of the room with several different bags. "I didn't know what you'd like, so I got a little bit of everything. My name is Kyle and the big guy sitting in the corner with the sore knee is Edward," he says, nodding toward the man he called Edward.

     I smirk before giving Edward a small smile. "Sorry," I tell him. He gives me a small nod in acknowledgement. "Don't be sorry. I should've known better than to approach you that way. An injured wolf will lash out at anyone it poses as a threat.... If anything, I owe you an apology, Princess." The corners of Edward's lips turn up in a slight smile, and it hits me. He was the man from the town. These must be the guys that chased me from the diner. You owe me more than an apology, I think to myself. I look to see if he recognizes me, but his eyes show only pity as he stares at me.

     My eyes finally leave his and take in the rest of him. The smell of fresh cut grass wafts towards me from his direction. His black hair is just a shade lighter than mine, but his blue eyes remind me of my last kiss. Gabriel. I shake off the memory as something is pushed into my line of sight.

     Kyle hands me a to-go box and a sports drink. The moment I open the lid, I dig in, not caring that I didn't even bother with utensils. As I'm chewing, I look at Kyle. He's grinning at me while chewing on a burger. His dirty blonde hair falls just past his ears and his green eyes gleam with mischief. Kyle's demeanor seems playful and fun. Immediately, my mind wanders to the shenanigans we could get into together as his pine scent mixes with the others.

     Kyle holds a napkin in front of my face when he sees me licking the grease off my fingers. I give him a weak smile and he hands me a burger as well. By the time I'm done I look up and see all four men staring at me with smiles on their faces. Knowing that they have my scent, I'm kind of surprised that they haven't figured out who I am.

     After telling the men thank you, I try to stand up. Marcus must have noticed me eyeing the bathroom cause he lifts me up and carries me there. Gently, he puts me down, making sure I can support myself, then walks out closing the door behind him. I quickly relieve myself and jump in the shower. The hot water stings, but in a good way.

     Thanks to my shifter genes, most of my wounds have healed, but there's still one long huge gash on my inner left thigh. The water burns as it trails down my leg, but I ignore it and continue washing. I've just finished washing my hair when there is a knock on the door.

     "I have a t-shirt and shorts for you to wear, but before you put those on I need to look at your leg. I made the guys leave so you don't have to worry about them." Marcus says.

     I turn off the water and wrap the towel around myself before limping out of the bathroom and sitting on the edge of the bed. I see his nostrils flair and he freezes. My fear spikes as my eyes shoot toward the door, wondering if I really can outrun anyone with my injured leg. Marcus doesn't hide his movement as he takes another large sniff. My heart is pounding as I watch him. What I didn't expect was to see him smirk. "Guess you are full of surprises, Princess." he says and gives me a wink before he reaches for his medical bag. Marcus rebandages my leg, then lets the guys in after I put on his clothes. As the other guys enter, Marcus sits slightly behind me, and uses my towel to dry my hair.

     The guys all find spots to sit inside the room before quietly looking up at me. The man who had let me use him as a footrest, sat by my feet again.

     "I'm Steven, Marcus's brother." He smells like morning dew. His black hair is long and pulled back into a ponytail. His eyes are the same blue as Marcus's right eye, but his build is just a little more muscular than Marcus's. I give him a quick nod knowing what all of them want from me now... an explanation.

     "Thank you for saving me. I didn't think I would be able to escape this time. My name is Samantha... Samantha Denali, by the way."

     Marcus gets a little closer to me before gently grabbing my hand. " How long were you in there, and you said escape again?" he asks.

     I lift my head and look each one of them in the eyes before I speak. "That depends, I don't know what today's date is... I know the day that I was taken was June 26th, and yes, I've been there before. Last time I was able to overtake one of the guards when he came in.. to ...

     That was almost three years ago. The first time, they used to have me cook for them. That obviously wasn't a choice after I poisoned their dinner and left."

     "S**t... they had you there for twelve days!" Marcus's eyes turn black as he growls this out. More growls are heard in the room and I, unwillingly, whimper.

     Steven puts his hand on my ankle. I tense up for a moment before relaxing. His touch seems to calm me just like Marcus's. He glances at Edward before speaking. " We know you are a rogue, but we would like to take you to our pack. You will be safe there. We will protect you."

     My body tenses and I know that I have to tell them. "You killed Tammy," All 4 sets of eyes grow wide with surprise and confusion. "My car.... I named her Tammy and you guys destroyed her..." I say, while giving Edward my best evil eye. Marcus breaks the tension as he starts to laugh. "She's got you there, Edward... We did destroy her car." he says. Recognition fills their eyes and Kyle joins in on the laughter.

     "I'm sure we could arrange a replacement," Steven says as he rubs my feet. "Ha ha.. It's going to be so much fun having the Volant Rogue around... I'll bet we'll get into loads of mischief together, Princess!" Kyle says, and tosses a wadded up napkin at me. "Only if you can keep up!" I say, and toss the napkin back at him. "Does this mean you are coming back with us?" Edwin asks.

     I'm filled with relief. It's so extreme that I can't even talk. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I give him a small nod.

     Kyle hops up from his spot with a huge grin. "Great! I'll go get the car ready." Steven starts to clean up our room and Edward grabs the guy's bags and heads out. Marcus picks me up bridal style and we head out to the car. The guys all sit in the same spots as before and I fall asleep laying on Marcus and Steven once more.

Please vote and comment.