The Gathering

Samantha's POV

     Our normal convivial morning was more subdued. We quickly ate breakfast in the living room since we would need to leave soon.

     I asked the guys how I should dress, but Chris just kissed the top of my head and said," You can show up in your Eeyore pajamas for all we care. You don't need to dress up for those a*s hats." The guys all mumbled in agreement, which led to me huffing and storming back into Marcus and Steven's room where most of my stuff was.

     I settled for a more comfortable approach and put on a blue wrap around sundress that was covered in small white flowers. It was long enough to touch my calves, and the V cut showed some cleavage, but not enough to make me worry about popping out. I paired it with some white sandals that the guys had gotten me and left the room.

     The trip itself was pretty uneventful. The highlight was Kyle and I arguing over the radio, which made the other guys laugh, especially when Kyle caved after a simple threat of him never getting any of my fudge again.

     Two hours later, we pulled up to a historic looking mansion. It screamed of old money, which left me a little unimpressed since I've always felt that people should be self-made and not handed things on a silver platter.

     My door opened, and Steven reached a hand in to help me out. The other guys grabbed our bags, and a valet parked the jeep for us. Just then, I took in my men and realized that they had all chosen dressy casual outfits for this venue.

     D**n you guys!

     Before I can voice my opinion, a deep nasally voice speaks up "Ah this must be Samantha!" The older man grasped my hand and placed his cold lips on it. I quickly snatched my hand away and leaned into Kyle.

     Kyle's arms wrapped around me protectively before he growled out, " Alpha Alexander, please refrain from grabbing Sam. She doesn't know you and will rebuke your touch..... You should know better than to approach a pregnant shewolf."

     Alexander raised his hands in surrender before speaking," Forgive me child. I was blinded by your beauty. It must be the pregnancy glow. It just radiates off of you." He ends with a wink.

     Is he really hitting on me? Disgusting.

     Steven started to step towards the alpha but stopped as I placed a hand on his forearm. Standing up straight, I step out of Kyle's embrace before speaking," I'm afraid you are not forgiven Alpha Alexander. Unless you would like to lose a limb.... or two( I look down towards his 'member'), I would suggest you keep all parts of yourself away from me."

     " Ha ha! These boys couldn't harm a fly!" Alexander quips.

     I lift my hand and pretend to look at my nail. My voice is light and pleasant as I speak, " Dear Alpha..... Who said anything about my MEN making good on my promise?" Just then, I let my hands shift to my claws.

     Alpha Alexander visibly gulps and backtracks away from us. Once he steps away, I let my hands shift bac,  and the guys all start laughing.

     " Ha ha! O,  princess, I love having you around!" Kyle say,  and the other guys all show some form of confirmation to him.

     " Geez Kyle! Is Red Moon pack so hard up that they can't afford to get your little w***e a decent outfit? This isn't Little w***e on the Prairie." Selene says. There are three other women with her and a group of nine men. All but two of the men and one shewolf are laughing as they approach us. Kyle, Steven, Chris, and Marcus make a U around me for protection.

     I take a moment to look at Selene. Her makeup looked caked on, and she's wearing an all white one shoulder bodycon dress. It has slits all over, and her cleavage is practically falling out. It looks like torn up fabric that barely covers her goods.

     " Quit with the dramatics si...." I cut Kyle off with a raised hand. Schooling my face to look like it's concerned, I speak. "OMG! Are you okay?"

     She gives me a dirty look. "I was just fine until you showed," she says.

     " Really? Because I'm pretty sure that the only reason that I'm here is because of you. But what I was concerned about is the fact that you look like you got hit by a car full of clowns. They really did a number on you." I say. My voice was dripping with false sincerity. My men try to hold back their chuckles as she visibly shakes with frustration.

     She's about to say something, but I speak up first. " Seriously though, Cindy, you really shouldn't wear all white. It screams virtue and you, well. Everything about you just screams sl*t." Selene growls.

     " Her name is Selene, not Cindy." One of the shewolves that was laughing at me says in a snotty voice. I just give her a casual shrug as her and her crew storm off. My guys burst out laughing.

     I look over to see that the two guys and the shewolf that didn't originally laugh at me were still standing there and actually laughing with my men.

     " You really should be careful around Selene. Bad things tend to happen to people on her s**t list." the shewolf calmly says.

     " I can keep my own against a pack of wolves, I'm not going to let a B***h that always seems to be in heat get to me." I say with a shrug.

     " So glad that we got to witness that! How's it going, cuz?" One of our new arrivals says and shakes Kyle's hand.

     " Ha! Life is great and getting better every day. Sam baby, this is Xander Heston, and over there is his brother Nate and sister Carrie. They are from White Sands Pack." Kyle says.

     I smile at the three siblings, but my comment is directed toward Carrie. " Thanks for the warning. Might I suggest self-preservation? I'm afraid that Selene is on my radar, possibly even more than I am on hers."

     Carrie quirked her eyebrow, but it was Nate that spoke. " Selene isn't exactly anyone's cup of tea, but if I'm not too forward, how'd she wrong you?"

     " Let's just say that I am VERY protective of those that I deem as family." My eyes briefly shifted towards Steven, but I focused back on Nate.

     The Heston siblings showed us to our room, which looked more like military barracks with rows of bunk beds along each wall. I would've thought that they could've done it a little more upscale since this was a mansion, but apparently, they were promoting as much mingling as possible.

     " Can we set them up like we do at the cabin?" I ask Marcus. On the occasional movie night that we've had so far, the guys would bring out their mattresses and lay them all together on the floor. We would usually all fall asleep together with me snuggling up between them.

     Marcus' chest rumbles and says," Anything you want ,baby girl. In the meantime, let's go take a walk. The banquet doesn't start for another 4 hours."

     I quickly agree, and the five of us take off while everyone else rushes around to start getting ready.

Please vote and comment.

Happy New Year!