Ultrasound

Gabriel's POV

     Feeling like a kid in a candy store, I excitedly linked the pack to meet in our living room.

     We get to see our pups! My wolf exclaims. The thought didn't scare me. I knew that I wanted everything to do with Samantha, including her pups.

     My father worried me though. He rarely showed his emotions, but he was definitely showing hatred and anger towards Samantha.

Flashback

     " What the h**l is she doing in his bed?" Eric blurted out. His eyes were pitch black.

     " She is resting, obviously." I didn't try to hide my anger and sarcasm.

     " That sheb***h almost killed my son!" I couldn't stop my growl after his comment.

     " That woman saved his life! She could've just let that monster kill Keith and take her, but she didn't..... She could've cowered and hid, but instead she killed 4 rogues! Doc wouldn't have made it in time, but instead of crawling into a corner and crying, she took control and did what none of us could do. She has been through more than any of us would ever wish for on our enemies and still has the will to carry on and live!.... You will never speak of her that way again! She is a part of this family and this pack."I barked out, using my wolf dominance. I wasn't alpha yet, but I still had the power since I was born to be one.

     " How dare you speak to me this way!.... You're in love with the little rogue aren't you?" Dad spat out.

     " And what of it?... I love you father, but you will respect my future mate and luna." I say, then run my hands through my hair.

     " I am still alpha, and your father! You let that little B***h do whatever she wants. How will you be alpha if you keep letting any shewolf that will spread her legs for you have control?" my father says. He then storms out of our cabin and slams the door.

End of flashback

     I know that my dad is still angry with me about what happened to Julia, but Samantha is not Serene. I know this now.

     Shaking the memory from my head, I help Doc get his equipment ready. When Sam enters the room, I help her lay out on the couch with her head in my lap.

     Doc is finishing connecting the ultrasound machine as my parents walk in. Sam tenses up until they sit across the living room from us.

     Edward helps Keith get comfortable on the couch with Sam's feet in his lap and everyone else finds seats nearby with Marcus and Steven leaning over the back of the couch.

     " This may be a little cold." Doc says as he squirts the gel on the wand and places it on her belly. Sam flinches when it touches her, but soon relaxes. Doc is looking at the screen as he moves the wand on her belly.

     " There you are!" Doc says and stops moving the wand. Sam gasps and my mom speaks, but I'm too caught up in looking at the screen to listen to her.

     " Wolf pregnancies are much faster than humans lasting only about 20 weeks long. You are 4 weeks. It's still too early to find out the sex, but you can see the toes are starting to develop." Doc says pointing to the screen where the toes are.

     " It looks like an image from those alien movies! Look at those big eyes." Kyle says.

     Cain smacks the back of Kyle's head and I give him a nod. Doc pushes a couple buttons, and the room fills with a whooshing sound.